prom(the invitation)

Adrian's pov

I stared at the poster in front of me. On it was written 'Prom'. 

I had never attended prom i wanted to attend this year because of some certain somebody.

For some reasons I didn't want to see her attended with someone who wasn't me.

The thought of someone else dancing with her irked me.

I wanted to be close to her. I knew about her rape incident, but that didn't change the way I look at her, she was so innocent in my eyes. 

She was strong the kind of girl every guy wants. She doesn't want to associate with me because of the benefits.

She was a true friend, at first I didn't know what true friends were until she came into my life.

She could see through my tough facade. This past week have been with her taught me a lot of things, especially not to judge a book by it's cover

The way she scolded me when I got injured, the way she took care of my injury. Yet her words, kept ringing in my head.

Flash back.....

"U should be too nice to me yunno"  she stated shrugging.

I started at her confused about what she was insinuating.

"Why is that"?  I asked nonchalantly.

" I might get used to you and start relying on" she held my eyes for a while before explaining further.

"Have been doing everything myself for as long as I can remember, sometimes I can't carry the burden alone, so if you keep being nice to me and you eventually leave the I will be helpless without you. She concluded and sighed before looking down.

End of flash back.

Speak of the devil. I spotted her walking with that greyson boy. I didn't know what he was telling her, she was laughing so hard.

I grit my teeth, I should have been the one standing close to her and making her laugh, I should have been the one making her smile.

I was happy she was smiling, even though I wasn't the mastermind of the smile.

    She's been through a lot seeing her smile is everything i wanted. She was strong ambitious and fearless.

  She was my own kind of perfect, she had told me how she hated being a burden to someone, but she wasn't a burden to me, ever since I met her, she gave a meaning to my meaningless life.

She approached me grinning from ear to ear, seeing her smile brought a smile to my face too.

  " hey" she said cheekily as she approached me with greyson by her side.

"Hi" i replied mirroring her smile. I scratched my neck nervously, i had never asked a girl on a date before, so i didn't know how to go about it.

Umm...can i ask you something?  I asked her, she nodded her head hesitantly.

  Umm....would you go to prom with me? I asked the looked shocked. I was surprised at myself. I didn't even know when I blurted the words out.

I suddenly regretted it, she didn't sad anything she just started at me with wide eyes.

  "Ok" she replied hiding her face between her hair.

  I released a breath i didn't know that I was holding.

"Thank you"! I said grinning like an idiot as i went to my class.

Hi guys, it's me again am here with my ranting again. Please don't forget to
  Like
Comment and
      Share.

Empress press💖💓