Discovering this world (1): The burning cold

​Teinejī stood there in shock, as he saw Peter lying on the ground, bleeding, a hole on the left of his chest. His friend, the first person he ever met in this world, that did everything to protect him and everyone else as well. Beans tried to re-animate him, but it was no use. As Lucas approached Peter's body, Charlie, who had stayed silent for the entire game, suddenly started to speak, as everyone was already starting to mourn Peter.
"He's not dead."
"What do you mean?" Teinejī said, surprised.
"I am studying to be a doctor. I don't know how, but he's still alive. He's bleeding way too much for a corpse." Charlie announced

Beans carried Peter to one of the beds in the mall, and Charlie then tried to remove the bullet from Peter's chest in order to save him.
"What the heck?" He said suddenly.
"What is it, Charlie?", Lucas said.
"His heart... It's not there."

Everyone stood back in surprise, as Charlie successfully managed to remove the bullet in Peter's chest, or rather, the small shell fragments that were remaining.

"It's a miracle." Charlie announced to everyone. "His lungs aren't even touched by any parts of the bullet, and I still don't know how his heart isn't there. He'll wake up in a few hours, but his situation is better. He doesn't risk death now." He then stood up and left the mall, wandering around the city.
"I'll stay with him" Lucas said, "He only took this bullet in an attempt to protect me, after all."
"I'll also stay with you; I don't want my friend to stay alone" Teinejī said.

Minutes felt like hours. Teinejī and Lucas didn't say a word, hoping Charlie was right, hoping Peter would wake up, and that this game would just be a bad memory. He thought about the game itself, and millions of ideas popped into his head. What was the purpose of this game? Who were those people he had to kill? And who or what organized it? Was it the government? Aliens? Was it morally acceptable to kill that person, even if it was self-defense? Teinejī looked at the card he had gotten. The 5 of spades, what could it mean? He tried to think about meanings, and briefly left to gather a book about cartomancy, to understand this world better.
He looked at the meaning of the card: "Five of spades: You're receiving push back from others." He knew he found something interesting. He pondered how it connected to the game, but was interrupted in his thoughts by a noise behind him. He turned around and saw Peter slowly and painfully waking up.

"What.... What happened?" Peter asked Lucas and Teinejī.

Lucas hugged Peter, happy to see him alive. This made Peter scream out of pain, as Lucas applied pressure to his wound. He survived, but he would never be the same anymore. He felt pain just by walking or standing up. Teinejī explained everything that happened. The visa, the card, Charlie helping him... And his heart being missing. Peter explained he suffered from Situs Inversus, which means his heart was on the right side of his body, instead of the left. Teinejī took a wheelchair to the mall, for Peter. But, even wounded, he was still alive. There was still hope in this world.