CHAPTER 37: PURPLE EYE

INSIDE VALKRIE GREEN HOUSE

At the tea table, Helena was dressed in a long beautiful black dress. with her beautiful long wavy silver hair resting over her shoulder. Her hair, decorated with black roses. But what enhanced her beauty more than the other princesses with similar features was her purple eyes, which were unique among the other girls.

Helena could feel the intense gaze of jealousy aimed at her, she glances around to see who was staring, but as soon as her head moved, the gazes disappeared.

"Heh..."

Noticing that they avoided her gaze, Helena scoffs, as she sneered at their actions. She noticed that the host seat was empty which was odd. Even though she cares less about the customs of the empire, it was common sense that the host should not be absent when all the guests have gathered.

"Why is the host of the party nowhere to be seen?... anyway, since she's late I'll help myself,"

Helena spoke in her thoughts while she reached out her hand and grab some scones and macarons, placing them on her plate. She felt a piercing gaze from behind as she was about to eat. She turns her head and saw Nora.

"Princess, it's common courtesy to wait for the host to arrive before you eat. It was part of the three 'remembers' I told you." Nora, who stood behind Helena, whispered.

"B-but they looked delicious. I could not help myself." Helena whispered back. While stuffing a macaron in her mouth.

"...SIGH"

Nora could do nothing but sigh. Before coming, she made sure to remind the princess multiple times of the three 'remembers' but now, Princess Helena already broke the first one. She could only hope that she remembers the remaining two.

"Eww... I can't believe that something like that without manners is related to us."

Princess Jane whispered loudly while she stared at Helena with contempt.

"You are right sister, something like that is a disgrace to the royal family."

Princess Elora agreed.

"Sisters..."

Princess Diamond called out to Princess Elora and Jane. She noticed their rage directed towards Helena, whom she also hates. So, she decided to sell a little favor to them.

"I see that you also hate the sight of that thing. I feel the same way. having that as a sister is shameful, but there will be no need to pay attention to such a thing for much longer."

Diamond spoke with confidence while showing a favorable smile to Jane and Elora. She sees them smile back, which meant she earned a little of their trust. Normally she would not waste her time talking to these uglis. But she needed their family support if she was going to challenge Mera for the throne.

Diamond turns her gaze towards Helena, and meets Helena's gaze, which made her flinch. But to show dominance, she decided not to avoid Helena's gaze. But as she continued to stare into Helena's eyes, she felt her heartbeat increase as her palms became sweaty. She knew by instinct that she would be in danger if she did not look away.

But there was one problem... no matter how much she tried to look away, her body refused to listen. Panic and fear set in her heart as she could feel an unknown force from Helena's purple eyes pulling her closer and closer every second.

And as she got closer, she could see only darkness. She felt like she was not in the greenhouse anymore but in a dark space, floating... Seconds passed quickly, and so did hours, days, weeks, and months. She could do nothing but float.