The Dress (Chapter 3)

"No, no, no,no.... It can't be true. I mean how come blood... Dress.... Curse?!!" Elida panicked. She wasn't able to process anything. She was very much confused and tons of worse and worse things were coming to her mind...When suddenly she heard a knock on her door and got startled. She got more scared and somehow managed to put the dress inside her closet and ran to open the door. " MOMMY!!" Elida forcely smiled in order to act normal and added, " You... Awake?" Mishala entered inside her room and closed the door and said , " about fifteen minutes ago, I heard your scream from the store room. When I went there I saw the door was open but no one was inside. Darlin' if you are stealing the keys atleast put back it in place and try to remove all evidences. Now will you please for God's Sake tell me the truth." "Truth? What truth? I hav.. haven't lied... Sto... Store-room.... What are you talking about mommy. I have no idea" Elida tried not to make eye contact. "Eli" Mishala said in a soft but scolding way. " Umm... Please don't get mad! Yeah, I went to have the dress of Mom" Elida said with regretting voice. Elida calls her real mother as 'Mom'. "Come here, sit down" Mishala said with her hand movement and further added "it's okay Eli... You are a young woman, having lots of curiosity and don't want to believe over some kind of childlish theory or so called curse. I was also like you but now that I'm a mother I have started to believe in lots of 'stewpid' things", she says laughing slightly. "Mommy, you know you are the best. I love you the most " Elida hugged Mishala. "Eli, you wanna tell something right? About the dress!" Elida went pale again remembering the blood 'thing'. Mishala said, "I can read your face, baby! Tell me..." Elida got up from her bed and went towards the closet. She took the dress and came towards her mommy and showed the her the spots. Mishala started laughing and told that it's nothing. On the wedding day, her mother was having wine but unfortunately some kid pushed her and it fell over her dress. It's been sooo many years that's why maybe it became like dry blood and maybe old rust also got mixed and helped it to become blood like. Mishala was Hayley's best friend. Hayley, Elida's real Mother. So, she knows everything about her mother and had adored Elida from the start. She said Elida not to worry. Elida said nothing and nodded showing that she agreed on the fact. Although she felt that somehow her mommy wasn't saying the truth and trying hard not to show her nervousness. Then Mishala went towards the door to exit but came returned towards Elida and said, " DON'T TELL ANYBODY ABOUT THE DRESS AND THE INCIDENT. NOT EVEN REBBE!!" Then she kissed her daughter over her forehead, greeted goodnight and left. Elida switched off the light and laid on her bed and tried to erase all the stuffs from her brain to sleep peacefully. Tomorrow is her Bachelor's Party.

The dress was covered with blood

Elida's Bedroom

Elida's Bedroom.....