Introduction

INT GRAND OLYMPIC AUDITORIUM LA CALIFORNIA SATURDAY APRIL 19 1997

NICKELODEON'S 10TH ANNUAL KIDS CHOICE AWARDS IS ABOUT TO START WITH TONS OF CELEBRITIES AND KIDS IN THE SEATS CHEERING ALL THE STARS THAT ARE COMING

KENAN THOMPSON AND KEL MITCHELL FROM "ALL THAT", "KENAN AND KEL" AND THE UPCOMING NICKELODEON MOTION PICTURE "GOOD BURGER" ARE ASSISTANT DIRECTORS FOR THE SHOW ALONGSIDE GLENN WEISS, BOB STALEY AND JULIE MILLER

Kenan:  Where's Rosie?

Glenn:  I think she's coming in.  Kel, you're on in 5, 4, 3, 2, 

Kel:  No need to count!  I'm going in!

Glenn:  We're rolling and ACTION!

THE SHOW SEEMS TO HAVE STARTED WITH KEL ALONGSIDE THE GROUP IMMATURE SINGING THIS YEAR'S RENDITION OF THE KIDS CHOICE THEME SONG WRITTEN BY RICK WITKOWSKI

Kel:  This is your time to make some noise! This is your time to use your voice!  Everybody in the house come on let me hear ya scream!

THE SCREENS SHOW THE KIDS TO SCREAM WHAT KEL IS SAYING

Kel:  1 2 3 4 KIDS CHOICE!

Kids:  KIDS CHOICE!

THE CGI TITLE ANIMATION IS SHOWN WITH A NICKELODEON BLIMP WITH ITS SEARCHLIGHTS SHOWING THE WORDS "10TH ANNUAL KIDS CHOICE AWARDS"

TERRY BRADSHAW OF NFL FAME IS THE ANNOUNCER AND HE IS LISTING OFF ALL THE STARS SCHEDULED TO APPEAR IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

Terry Bradshaw:  Live from the Nick-O-Drome in Hollywood, it's Nickelodeon's 10th Annual Kids Choice Awards!  Hosted by Rosie O'Donnell!  With special appearances by Charlie Adler, Tatyana Ali, the cast of All That, Tim Allen, Tom Arnold, from Hey Arnold; Arnold Gerald and Helga, Backstreet Boys, Scott Bakula, Tyra Banks, Beavis and Butt-Head, Boyz II Men, Brandy, Zachery Ty Brian, Bugs Bunny, Lola Bunny, Amanda Bynes, Mariah Carey, Jim Carrey, Nancy Cartwright, Dan Castellaneta, The Cat in the Hat, Toran Caudell, Cathy Cavadini, Christine Cavanaugh, Lacey Chabert, Vanessa Lee Chester, Coolio, Cindy Crawford, Jim Cummings, Tim Curry, EG Daily, Dana Delany, Lori Beth Denberg, Danny DeVito, Dexter, Leonardo DiCaprio, Fran Drescher, Daffy Duck, Susan Egan, Chris Farley, Fox and Knox, Brendan Fraser, Will Friedle, Doug Funnie, Sarah Michelle Geller, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeff Goldblum, David Alan Grier, Jess Harnell, Melissa Joan Hart, Terri Hatcher, Henry and June, Hank Hill, Marques Houston, Whitney Houston, Desmond Howard, Ickis, Krumm and Oblina, Enrique Igleasias, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Katrina Johnson, Tommy Lee Jones, Michael Jordan, Vincent Kartheiser, Kenan and Kel, Tom Kenny, Wayne Knight, Lisa Kudrow, Maurice LaMarche, Joey, Matthew and Andrew Lawrence, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Leslie, Jonathan Lipnicki, Tress MacNeillie, Madonna, Jason Marsden, Ricky Martin, Scott Menville, Shannon Miller, Kel Mitchell, Monica, Daria Morgendorffer, Tahj Mowry, Tia and Tamera Mowry, Mike Myers, Kathy Najimy, Irene Ng, Mike O'Malley, Shaquile O'Neal, Larisa Oleynik, Rob Paulsen, Porky Pig, Pinky and the Brain, Pongo, Ren and Stimpy, Alisa Reyes, Christina Ricci, Patricia Richardson, Rocko, The Rugrats, Meg Ryan, Sailor Moon, Ranma Saotome, Ben Savage, Devon Sawa, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Pamela Segall, Josh Server, Martin Short, Alicia Silverstone, Sinbad, Francesca Marie Smith, Taran Noah Smith, Will Smith, Kath Soucie, Spice Girls, Patrick Stewart, Rider Strong, Cree Summer, Danny Tamberelli, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Kenan Thompson, Rip Torn, Michelle Tracthenberg, Jean Claude Van Damme, Countess Vaugh, Abe Vigoda, Damon Wayans, Shawn and Marlon Wayans, Billy West, Robin Williams, Bruce Willis, Mara Wilson, Scott Wolfe, Kristy Yamaguchi and the Kids Choice Sweepstakes Winners!  With musical performances by Coolio, Immature, Jewel and Savage Garden!

Kel:  Rosie O'Donnell's in the house you know!  On your mark, get set, she's ready to go!

Terry:  And here's your host, ROSIE O'DONNELL!

ROSIE FINALLY COMES OUT OF THE BOX AND SEEMS LIKE SHE'S CONFUSED, UPSET AND A LITTLE ANGRY

THE CROWD CHEERS NONETHELESS

Rosie:  WHERE AM I?  YOU STUFFED ME IN A BOX, YOU DRAGGED ME HERE TO HOLLYWOOD, I ONLY GOT ONE THING TO SAY TO YOU...

ROSIE REALIZES THAT SHE IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE

Rosie:  LET'S MAKE SOME *NOISE!!!*

EVERYBODY CHEERS

Rosie:  Welcome to the 10th annual Kids Choice Awards!  We're comin' at ya LIVE from Hollywood at the Nick-O-Drome!  The ULTIMATE scream arena!  Because tonight, this is the place where KIDS RULE!

EVERYBODY CHEERS

Rosie:  Once again, millions of you voted by phone, by mail, online and at Nick Studios to tell us, who rules in movies, TV, sports, music and more!  Tonight, we'll see which banners will hang in the Nick-O-Drome and who takes home the very cool orange blimp!  We'll also find out which VERY COOL star takes home the Kids Choice Hall of Fame, GOLDEN BLIMP!  So whaddaya say we get this party started we say hi to all the kids watching at home, with a big, giant, massive, Kids Choice Orange Wave!

EVERYBODY DOES THE WAVE IN THE AUDIENCE

RANMA SAOTOME OF RANMA 1/2 AND SARAH MICHELLE GELLER OF BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER COULDN'T BE HAPPIER TO WATCH THIS

Ranma:  Sarah, this is a big night!

Sarah:  Yeah, and we haven't announced our first winner, yet!

CUT TO THE ANNOUNCER'S BOOTH WHERE BRADSHAW IS ANNOUNCING ALONGSIDE JOSH SERVER AS GAVIN McSHOUTS-A-LOT AS THE COLOR COMMENTATOR

Terry:  Hi, I'm your announcer Terry Bradshaw and MAN, do we have a wild show in store for you tonight!  With me is my partner and Kids Choice expert, Gavin McShouts-a-lot!

Gavin:  WOO HOO!  It's showtime, baby!  For the next hour and a half, this is gonna be Jam City!  With awesome stunts, awesome stars, awesome slime, and you guys, the awesome fans!  IT'S GONNA BE MAD!

Terry:  Now let's go down to the floor for the kick-off!

To be continued...