Epilogue

The Beach House

Cordell King P.O.V
2 Years Later

I stood out side on my upstairs balcony of my beach house looking at the water. Everything was just so blue. I loved the water. It honestly looked like it was about to storm, but that was ok. I loved the rain. I know my dog would probably go crazy. He's a little bit crazy, but I loved my Pit bull none the less. He's only one, but he's huge and the literal definition of man's best friend. He definitely got me through a lot of hard times. More than I can fucking count. Something about having a dog makes your thoughts seem not lonely. Like I could just tell him stuff and he listened. He gave great advice too. His go to was definitely howling at me and then jumping on my head before running in circles like he's never ran before.

Like I said he was crazy. It always seemed to do the job though with him making me laugh. He was such a good boy.

Living in this big ass beach house was fun, but it had its moments. I was used to smaller shít that was more intimate that way I wouldn't feel so alone, but it was slowly turning into my favorite place to be. The more stuff I bought to make it feel homey the more I loved it and I was almost there. Novian would come over some times so that I wasn't alone or too into my thoughts. It felt good when he came over because I like to think of how we both made it out.

Killing my brother was definitely scaring, but I was slowly, but surely getting over it. I really took someone's life and it was my own blood. Looking at his dead body did tm something to me and is burned into my brain now, but I'm managing.

I was in school now. Studying to be a child therapist. I was doing online school and I only had two years left. I was excited to start this journey. My dreams were coming true. I wonder if now my mom would finally be proud of me. I heard some thunder go off making me looking a the sky and go into the house. Lemme go get started on dinner I guess.

I walked into the house seeing Crash, my dog, sleeping in his doggy bed as I walked over to my kitchen. I wonder what my mom would say if she found out I. The one that killed that nigga. I wonder if she already knew. I mean I didn't go to his funeral so maybe she knew somehow. I doubt it, but when you Kill someone I mean everyone just looks like they know. I couldn't sleep for weeks, no months after that shít happened and I had to deal with it all alome because the one person I wanted to be with I couldn't. He couldn't makes jokes anymore, or tell me it was ok, or kiss me, or hold me and it was fucking heartbreaking.

He wanted me to get this beach house though and this puppy so that's what I did. I made it out. I got his name tatted on me too. Talking and and then thinking about hay night was hard. Seeing him laying there like that not breath in was scaring to me. Shit broke my heart at him being like that. I don't even like to think about it so I'm just gonna start cooking.

I took out some spaghetti noodles and tomato sauce so that I could make some spaghetti. I grabbed some hamburger meat and started cooking the food. I grabbed some garlic bread too making sure I had that ready.

I grabbed a big empty pitcher and made some RED kool-aid before putting it back into the fridge sighing. I sat down on the couch and started thinking about that night again. It's hard not to. I can't believe my brother really...

I thought he loved me enough not to hurt him, but I guess not. Seeing his body laying there like that will forever be in my head. I wish I had got back sooner. I made it home and all I saw was on top of his. How could he? I did realize something that the dream wasn't about me, but about Cortlen. I hate that it happened at all. After dropping Novian off I made my way to my brothers house to have a talk with him. I didn't know that the moment I turned around he was gonna hurt me and still my keys. I'm just glad I found my spare keys and was able to pull up back home. I might have been late, but at least my brother couldn't hurt anymore innocent people.