Chapter 2

Kurapika after finding it harder and harder to make ends meet decided to try his hand in becoming a hunter. He'd heard of hunters having special access to secretive locations and rare literature as well has having a free pass on transportation. He reminded himself of these advantages over and over as he continued with the exam. His legs wanted to give out but seeing Leorio a beta he'd met in the boat ride along with Gon a freshly presented omega continue on made him determined to as well. It seems the three of them as well as that white haired boy running beside Gon would continue on the exam together. He smiled to himself in these unlikely group of people becoming friends, though maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Nearly two weeks later

Kurapika was so glad that the exam is over finally being able to rid himself from Hisoka he could still feel his breath on his ear. He shivered just thinking about it. Though he was happy Gon and Leorio where able to pass though the same couldn't be said about Killua. That kid just seemed full of surprises though if what Gon had said about his family being famous assassins where true then he could believe it. Such a shame though the young alpha was so close to passing if it he composed himself a bit longer. Gon would not be happy when he hears the news.

No he was not happy about it though he was determined to get his new best friend back by any means necessary. Even if it meant dragging him and Leorio along. Though the trip wasn't a total wast as the Mountain View was quite nice maybe he'll come back someday to explore the town more. After retreating Killua back they've decided to split up to work on their own goals yet agreed to meet up in York New on September first as Kurapika wants to attend the underground auction as wall as tour around.

Though they don't know Kurapika's true intentions. He wants to look upon his old clan members eyes to show them that he's alive and they're not. That him an omega was the last of the kurta. Who knows maybe he'll buy them just so he could display them on a shelf to look at while he lives out the rest of life exploring the world. Maybe they where right in the end to try and kill him as he likely played a big role in their demise. He almost wished on of those old geezers where still alive to rub it in. He smiled to himself thinking about it and who knows maybe he'll run into their murderers one day he'll just have to thank them! Now that would be nice he could just picture it shaking their hand smiling sweetly as he looked straight into their eyes as he thanked them it would he such a laugh!

For now though he decided he needed some rest maybe he'll visit a nice beach after all he had almost eight months until their meetup. Though unluckily for him he didn't get to enjoy eight months of bliss as apparently every hunter was to learn the secret world on nen. Though he wouldn't lie it was quite useful for self defense even if it takes months even years to fully master it. But he was determined he'll make this spectacular.

After weeks of training and researching on what he wanted his nen to be he found a fairly profitable way to use it. He'll become a bodyguard, bodyguards especially ones who could use nen are paid rather handsomely.  In the end he decided on chains honestly he thought they where cool and nothing at all to do with symbolic references to his past. Nope nothing no special meaning. Anyways after rigorous training he'd found out his scarlet eyes can change his nen type from conjurer to specialist. Maybe he could use this a bonus ability?