Delusional

"Honey, I have to admit..." Telma says with her hand on her hips. "...this is just getting ridiculous." Telma was a curvy woman with tanned skin and dark red hair. Her red hair were locks done up into a ponytail with a few strands hanging around her face.

I stood in front of the bar holding some bottles of hydrating tonic. It was a potion to help her customers with hangovers or were passed out way passed their limit. This potion should help them enough to get them home. I look at her with a dead look. "We've been over this, Telma."

"I know and yet you still put up with that jerk's lies... even when you know he's lying, no less!" Telma says grabbing the bottles from you and began stocking the cabinets below the bar. 

"I told you. It's complicated." I told her trying to take a deep breath. "My relationship with Jerik isn't any of your business anyway."

"I know, but I'm just looking out for you. There's a lot of people who talk in here, honey and based on what I hear and what I see, I'm telling you... he's no good." Telma says. I knew he wasn't any good... at least he wasn't great, but... I'm in a difficult position. 

When I had first met Jerik, he was wonderful. A real charmer. My father had just passed away, leaving the potion shop for me to run all on my own, and Jerik insisted that he helped pay to keep it running until I was able to make enough money to keep it going, which I had managed to do. Jerik's family was very wealthy, and his father was an influential nobleman, while his mother was the owner of one of the most pristine boutiques in Castle Town. After a few months of dating, we entered an official relationship. I had thought I was being cautious enough and he really was a good person, rather than a complete ass, but after 4 months in this relationship he began to change. He became manipulative and treating me like he bought me by keeping the shop functioning.

In a way he did, because I stayed. He's possessive and jealous despite openly cheating on me. Normally I wouldn't tolerate it, but he holds my shop hostage. He's also moody. One day he could hug and kiss me like I'm the best thing that could happen to him, but the next day he could flip his entire attitude and look at me with disgust. He'll lash out sometimes and break some of my bottles of potions in the shop, but later pamper me in gifts to make up for it. He will give me anything I desire when he loses his temper, even though I am apparently the one who caused him to lose his cool. No one else can know about his toxic behavior, however. Jerik has made it clear with a deep threat to put me in ruins if anyone were to find out about our... relationship issues. He would make sure to burn my shop to the ground with me in it.

"Telma you wouldn't understand." I told her dismissively. "Jerik and I have something... unique."

Telma only sighed as she realized she wasn't going to get anywhere. "Well... Thanks for the tonic. How much do I owe you?"

"Nothing. On the house." I told her holding up my hand. 

"Oh nonsense. Really, how much?" Telma says a smile spreading on her face as she leans over on one arm over the bar. 

"I'm telling you it's fine, Telma. Consider it a payback for your help the other day. You also paid me too much last delivery." I said picking up the empty boxes from my other deliveries.

"That was a tip, honey. Something special just for you."

"... and this is something special just for you." I told her giving a smug look. "Don't argue, I won't take any money from you today."

"You are just too much, child." Telma laughed her locks swinging in her face. "Go on and get home. It's getting late."

"Alright. See you later, Telma." I said with a smile.