A date ?

I tried to call Andrew. I left numerous voice messages . Atleast he would reply for one. He only said' text me the wedding date' nothing else. I decided to visit him . I reached his home in about 15 minutes. I was ringing his bell and waiting for him to come out .

"Hey Andrew. It's me Nina . Please open the door. "
He opened the door.
" Nina man what are you doing here?" He sighed.
"I am here to talk to you. About everything. "
" Please don't start again ."
" You have understand, I am making a great plan , it's working, really . By the end of September we might get married and -" I got cut off in middle of my speech.
"Still a might ? Don't you see Nina?"
" See what?"
" That guy Aaron something, he is sitting here ready to get married to you with our parent's permission. It's so great for you , he is great , rich and everything."
"What are talking Andrew? Seriously? I am trying so damn hard to keep myself together, working out with Aaron for you , for us and you are accusing me ?"
" I am not accusing you Nina I am accusing your parent's favourite."
" Don't say like that Andrew please come on , atleast trust me ?"
" I trust you Nina, I really do but Not him."
" Then trust me. You know me. I won't let anything happen and he seems like a good man. He really wants to help me nothing else."
" We will see."
" Andrew!"
" Nina just be in my position and try to think. There that mr.perfect waiting to marry you and I don't see any reason for him not to marry you."
" Andrew it's nothing like that. He said to me himself that he doesn't want to get married. Just trust me I will handle this."
" Fine whatever."
" Let it be Andrew, Today I am going to meet Aaron and discuss, I have certain questions for him. Just telling you this . Bye see you later "

I was disappointed more than I was angry. I didn't expect this from Andrew. I wanted him to understand me but - nothing . I was feeling helpless . But still something was there to keep hope on. Aaron.I never get to know what's going on in his mind but he was my last hope. I got myself together and entered through the main gate of my house without getting my parents suspicious.
" Hey Nina , went to see Aaron?"
" What no! I was just out "
" Where were you?"
" Just meeting my friend."
" Which friend?"
" I suppose you know Andrew."
" Andrew, is he still on that football team?"
" Yeah, he is playing for the New York football tournament next year."
" Ohh"
" Yeah , he is --"
" You should hang out with Aaron more instead of that guy, so that you get to know Aaron well."
" Whatever."
" Nina behave. Don't show this attitude in front of him"
" He does. Not me."
" Get a date with him. Go somewhere."
" I don't want to."
" Nina , go, take this chance."
" But you don't know that--" should I say about his divorce? He himself has given me the permission to tell this, but I feel I shouldn't. I shouldn't say anything unless I am sure about it. Afterall it's about his reputation.
" What we don't know?" My mother questioned my incomplete sentence.
" That-- about his attitude, you saw him the earlier day right?"
" We decided to give him an another chance and so should you. Go somewhere in the evening."
" Mom but--"
" Are you calling or should I?"
" No , you don't do anything, I will do it."
" Better."
Who can win against my mom?!

I decided to call Aaron. To be honest I did want to see him and ask him about whatever he said yesterday.
I dialled his number and he picked it up after one ring.
" Hello Aaron, you free?"
" Yeah, what do you want?" He asked, it seemed he was busy.
" Actually It would be better if I see you today."
" Fine, when do you want me ?" he replied.
Why does he speak like this . 'when so you want me?' how can someone ask this kind of flirty question to someone who they want to break a marriage with.
"Maybe evening? "
" Evening huh? Fine, no problem I will manage."
What a formal language. I was mimicking his voice tone 'i will manage ' when he said ,
"You there darling?" He asked.
He and his darling.
"Yeah yeah.. see you soon where should we- ?" I asked him .
"At The Alchemist restaurant. I am making dinner reservation."
" Oh-okay. "
I was giggling. I find it funny 'The Alchemist restaurant ' Whenever I passed by I always wondered why would someone name their resturant as Alchemist. It feels like entering a pharmaceutical shop. He heard me giggle ,
" What's so funny ?" He genuinely asked.
" No nothing, but Dinner? I just wanted a few minutes of yours, I can stop by your office or something."
" Dinner is fine , see you there, be there by 7, wear something nice." He ended the call.
Wear something nice? Why? It's not a date or something.

I immediately called and informed Jane.
" Is this a date ?" Jane asked over the phone.
"No no not at all , we are going to come up with a new plan."
" From your side. What about his ? Did you ask him about his reason?".
"No , I mean I did ask him over text he totally ignored and asked me to tell my parents that he is divorced."
" He is ?" Jane asked.
" I don't know. Today I will find out."
" Sure all the best!"
" Thanks Jane."
" Andrew knows about this date thing?"
" It's not a date!"
" But it looks like one, dinner reservation, a nice dress. He arranged it all."
" No it's not. And I have told Andrew about the meeting."
" He was okay with it ?"
" He is becoming a lot possessive than before."
" Oh you must be having a hard time."
" We both are. I hope this is the last meeting of me and Aaron."
" Right."