We Know the Way

Sorry for the delay, here's the chapter of Moana and her Night Fury.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Hours passed, Aliikai was sound asleep as she hugged a sleeping Moana and Pua. They were under her wing as she kept them both warm from the cold. They were still at the beach, resting from the terrifying and exhausting event. They were lucky that they were alive thanks to Aliikai. Speaking of which, the Night Fury soon woke up when she heard Moana stirring from her sleep. Aliikai slowly removes her wing to reveal Moana, who was slowly waking up. Moana blinks her eyes, adjusting them from sleep. Once her vision was cleared, she noticed that she was under Aliikai's wing.

Moana looked behind her dragon sister and saw Aliikai looking at her. Aliikai gave a gentle croon to her sister before Moana gave her sister a hug. Aliikai hugs her sister back gently, giving her comfort after that terrifying boat ride. Moana almost cried from this. She has never felt so scared in her entire life. Her dad was right, the ocean can be dangerous, and she believes that there's nothing there. As they let go, they notice Pua waking up. The little pig looks around dizzily, they can tell that he was alright, and as he looks at the two sisters for a second, he notices the oar was right in front of him. Pua's eyes widen in fear at the sight of the oar before he lets out an oink as he runs away, squealing in fear. Moana and Aliikai watched him run away, feeling sorry for the little pig. Moana then slowly gets up from her spot but winces in pain. This caught Aliikai's attention when she noticed her sister was in pain. Aliikai croons worriedly at her sister before they look down at Moana's right foot and they both notice it was a bit red with a small scratch. Aliikai lowers her head to Moana's foot and sniffs at it gently.

"That's gonna leave a mark." Moana mutters as she pats Aliikai's head gently. The Night Fury lifts her head up and looks at Moana with a croon, causing Moana to look at her in confusion. "Aliikai?"

Aliikai brought her head back down to Moana's foot and sniffs at the wound. She opened her mouth and gave a gentle lick on the wound. Moana winced at that, but soon felt the pain subside, as Aliikai continued gently licking the wound away. Night Fury saliva is known to heal wounds, preventing any infections from spreading. As Aliikai finished licking Moana's wound, Moana slowly stood up and looked at her almost healed foot. The pain was gone, and the wound was healing slowly. Moana smiles and turns to her dragon sister with gratitude.

"Thanks, Aliikai." Moana whispers before she hugs Aliikai who hugs her back with her paws.

"Whatever just happened..." The two sisters quickly turned around and saw their grandmother standing behind the undergrowth, looking at the wreckage of the boat that was being washed up by the waves, "...blame it on the pig." Tala finished, referring to Pua.

"Gramma..." Moana and Aliikia stood up quickly as Moana covered her slightly healed wound, thinking of an excuse for her grandmother.

However, Tala already knows as she walks over to them as she uses her cane to lift Moana's slightly healed wound and inspects it. Moana and Aliikai winced, knowing that they were caught red-handed.

"Are you gonna tell dad?" Moana dared to ask, hoping that her grandmother wouldn't tell him. Aliikai was worried about this as well because their dad will be furious if they found out if they try

Luckily, Tala was on their side as she smiled at the two sisters gently. "I'm his mom. I don't have to tell him anything." She said as she gently put Moana's foot down.

Moana and Aliikai sigh in relief, knowing that they won't get in trouble. If their dad finds out about this, they will never hear the end of his scolding. Moana looks down at the ground sadly, knowing that their dad was right about the ocean.