I am Moana

Song: I Am Moana/Song of the Ancestors

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

The gang were sailing across the ocean. They were close to Te Fiti, however, as they sailed the ocean. The atmosphere changed into a dark and black fog covering their view. Moana and Keoni now know how to sail and are wayfinders. They sailed the boat to their destination while the others did their own thing. Malie was sitting on the boat, feeling dizzy and was shivering non stop. Aliikai was flying in the air while Makaio was in the water, splashing about. The two dragons were following the boat as they went. Pōkole was sitting on the edge of the boat, holding a mini fishing rod, as he tried to catch some fish to eat. Heihei was under the boat's storage box. Maui was on top of mast as he looked through the horizon, searching for the island of Te Fiti.

"Next stop, Te Fiti." Maui said to the others as he looked up ahead before looking down to see the two humans working on the ropes. They're doing great in their wayfinding, and they hope that their people can too. The duo then looked up to see Maui smiling at them for no reason, which disturbed Keoni.

"What?" Moana asked playfully.

"I figured it out." Maui said.

"That your smile creeps people out?" Keoni asked, earning a blank look at Maui.

"Ah, no." Maui said as he got down from the mast. "You know the ocean used to love it when I pulled up islands." He explains as Mini Maui shows them what he means by doing the scenes.

"'Cause your ancestors would sail her seas and find 'em. All those new lands, new villages. It was the water that connected 'em all. And if I were the ocean, I think I'd be looking for a curly-haired non-princess and not a prince charming with their dragons to start that again."

Moana and Keoni stared at him in surprise, the others were surprised to hear that as well except for Heihei, he was still below deck. They guess that Keoni's speech did the trick to straighten Maui up to be his heroic self again.

"That is literally the nicest thing you've ever said to us." Moana said with a smile.

"Yeah, too nice for your taste, Maui." Keoni said as he smirked at the playful look Maui gave him.

Moana giggles. "Yeah, probably should've saved that for Te Fiti." She said to Maui.

"I did." Maui said with a smile.

Then they heard Malie let out a wail of anguish that almost shattered their ears, but they were lucky to cover their ears on time. They quickly turn to the mermaid when she stops her wail. They saw Malie hugging herself with her arms and her head was down. They quickly went to her as her body shakes uncontrollably.

"Malie, what's wrong?" Moana asked worriedly.

Malie slowly brought her head up and they saw black eyebags. She looked so weak. "I...I c-can't g-go any further." Malie stuttered in a quiet tone. "W-We a-are t-too close to-to Te Kā."

"Why? What happens if you get too close to Te Kā?" Moana asked her friend.

"Mermaids grow weak around dark forces." Maui explains, remembering the mermaid's weaknesses. "Malie will get worse if she goes too near Te Kā's reach. "

Moana looks at him and to Malie worriedly. The poor mermaid was growing weaker and weaker. Malie doesn't look good to come with them in facing Te Kā. She must go far from the dark force to be safe and out of danger.

"Malie, swim as far away as you can, away from Te Kā's reach." Moana ordered gently. "You'll get worse if you go any closer. Aliikai will send up a fire signal to call you back, right Aliikai?" Moana asked her Night Fury beside her, earning a nod from the dragon.