Foolish

Bakugou's POV
Beauty is said to have no name. I couldn't disagree more for she is all that defines beauty. Her heart is kind and good, her eyes hold stars and secrets behind their deep brown glow. Her pink flushed cheeks show her innocence her pure soul. Ochako Uraraka is the kind of woman anyone could fall in love with, and I did. I fell so damn hard for that girl. So much that my heart ached to be away from her. Her presence was like a drug to me, I was addicted. I wanted nothing more than to call her my love, and for a while I could. Ochako made me a better man she gave me hope and brought out a smile on me that I just couldn't hide from the world. But it didn't last. I was a fool. I let her go. I let her go because I was too stupid to realise that she made my scars fade. But, perhaps I was afraid of letting my past trauma ruin her. So now here I am 8 years later sat in a lousy high school reunion staring at her dancing with a man I knew she didn't even love.
End of POV

The hall was lit dimly with fairy lights strung along the walls, white table clothes draped over countless tables where many former UA students sat and rekindled after all this time. Katsuki Bakugou the now number two hero stood unhappily against the wall in the corner, scowling sourly at the sight before him. A brunette dressed in a deep rose colour dancing with her newest boyfriend. Ochako had tried to move on the best she could but she never really found someone she loved as much as she loved Katsuki. Crimson eyes stared intensely at her watching her sway along to a song he didn't even know the name of. Bakugou watched her as she hid her face in the man's blazer as if she was too afraid to make eye contact with the blonde she once called 'mine'. Yet the music continued to play and everyone around them seemed to burst into life. The air was filled with music, alcohol and celebration. But he couldn't take his eyes off of her for a second.

Uraraka's POV
I wanted to leave the second I got here. My date was smug and self absorbed he spent all day in front of a mirror admiring himself. He hardly even gave me a second look but being seen with me is good publicity I suppose. As I hid my face in embarrassment of being seen with such a vain man I could feel eyes staring daggers through my soul. I knew it was him. But I could not bare to look because I knew if I did I would lose my ability to think straight. My heart would rise to my throat blocking the oxygen from escaping my lungs just by glancing at him even once. After all, he did break my heart. But I can't be mad at him for it. He was doing well on his own, better than he ever did with me. Deep down I always knew I would hold him back. But now knowing I'm in the same room as him I can't help but wonder...did I let my soulmate get away?