The first conversation

As the sunset slowly drifted into a deep winters darkness the energy of the party thickened with loud drunken behaviour. Katsuki Bakugou remained blankly staring at this scene from the corner of the room a cold glass of whiskey in hand. He drowned his sorrows to make the pain in his heart fade for a moment. To let his emotions coat themselves in liquors and little memory of the night. He watched as the obnoxious man Ochako brought with her hissed vile words at her before storming away as if I child would in a huff. Now she was all alone. Stood in the middle of the dance floor biting the inside of her cheek to stop the tears, she was miserable behind her new partners shadow but what could she do?

Slowly the man with eyes of crimson set his glass down with a sigh walking over to her. He stood his distance giving her a slight nod. Finally deciding to initiate the first non professional conversation they had since their break up.
"You ok pink cheeks?"
His voice was softer when he spoke to her, his words always meant more to her than anything before and he knew she hated his sharp tongue. Ochako nodded in response clearing her throat avoiding eye contact with him in fear her heart would flutter.
"Yea..yea I'm fine thank you." She plastered a fake smile at him. This caused Bakugou's scowl to return.
"Cheeks I've known you for 11 years now I know when you're not fine, why the fuck are you still with that asshole anyways?" He spoke through gritted teeth. Why would she let that man walk over her like that?
"Bakugou..I- it's complicated ok..?" She sighed finally meeting his eyes.
"I love him Bakugou really I do." Her words pierced his heart like a knife. Love? She was in love?
"Bullshit! That's not love Ochako what we had was love not that!" The blonde looked at her eyes intensely gazing into them as he spoke. She watched as his eyebrows dipped and his lips curved downwards in that same frown he usually has. All Ochako could do was shake her head breaking the eye contact before turning away to leave.

Bakugou grabbed her by the hand gently pulling him back to him tilting her head back to look at him.
"You are not in love Chako..because if you were I would not be watching you hate yourself for settling for him" He spoke slowly running his thumb over her cheek.
"Ochako you deserve your happiness.."
Uraraka looked up at him pushing his hand away from her slowly.
"I loved you Bakugou..but like my love my happiness stayed with you.." and with that she walked away through the crowd of dancing people out of his sight. Leaving him alone with his mind.

Loved..loved..loved. Not love...

His mind raced replaying her words in his head over and over again.

"Fuck.." Katsuki mumbled under his breath before slumping back into a chair holding his head in his hands.

She loved him. He loves her.