Blood

Avni's POV

"Leo? What happened?" My voice was low and hesitated. He is covered in blood and that was his own blood. His left eye was swollen and his lower lip has a cut, not a normal one, but the one in which stitches were needed.  He went to home some lady was there. About 1 hour later, he is here in front me covered in blood.  And he is not saying a word. Something is not right.

"Leo, what the hell is happening?" I yelled. He flinched in reaction. I was a quiet taken aback by that. I just can't think straight right now. I took him towords the bathroom. He sat on the toilet and I took his hands in mine and tried to heal him. My powers are not very strong but it was enough to stop the bleeding, the scars are still there.

"Are you okay?" I tried again, this time in an low voice. He nodded. I sighed. "What happened?" I tried again.
"M-my brother.." he started sobbing again.
"What happened to Leon?"
"He is a g-gay" He started. "When I reach home late, my mother scolded me for not obeying her. Then I went to my room. Leon called me to the living room. When I went down stairs. He was standing in the middle of the room while my parents were sitting on the sofa. When he saw me he motioned towards the emply seat. I took my seat. And then he started telling us why he called us there. He started with thanks. He was thanking us to be his family. And then he said some thing that my father lost his temper. He was hit him when my father heard his words. Leon said he is gay and the next moment father slapped him. I tried to stop him and at that time father was saying so much to him. So many bad thing, insults, he even said it was his mistake to give a life to someone like him. And at that moment Leon ran out of the door. I tried go but after my father's punches I couldn't move that fast. When I was looking for him I heard some noises form the lane which was at the back side of our house and the next scene I saw was, Leon was on the road and blood was oozing out from the back of his head and few people was there standing beside him and ta-taking pictures on there phone. I ran towards him ...." He chocked.

I was just stun. He was so close to his brother and the accident.. Is his brother alive or...... No, no. Should I console him? But why should I do that he is even my friend, more like a enemy, after today's insident. But then again this is Leo the only person who noticed me, other than my parents for the first time.

I put my hand on his back and started rubbing his back awkwardly. On my touch his mucesls tensed and then relaxed. He looked so broken. He loves his brother. The shine in his eyes, when he talks about Leon, says it all. " What happened to Leon? Where are your parents?" I tried again.

"Leon is in hospital. H-he lost a huge amount of blood. My parents arrived at the spot just few minutes after me. I called the ambulance. By that time our parents also arrived when the ambulance came, my father won't allow me to go with Leon. He said that I was the reason Leon was in this condition." He paused. "And maybe he is right, I should have been a good brother." Shit, he is accusing himself but why? It was their father who hurt Leon.  " Maybe if I had been a good brother to him, he would have talked about it me before coming out to our parents. But I wasn't able to be a good brother, his comfort person. I was a shit brother to him. You know what Avni? I always try to be someone who whom people can be comfortable and share anything and everything. But my own brother was unable to talk to me. Avni, I'm the worst brother, worst person. Avni I don't know what I am going to do.  I don't know anything. "

"Look Leo, I don't know what the fuck is going on in your head but it's not your faul,  not a single thing was your fault. Your parents were homophobic not you. Your brother didn't talked to you about it, it was Leon's choice. You didn't do a shit wrong. You tried your best, you loved him, you tried to defend him, and you never knew that something like this would happen. So shut up you are giving me headache. Okay? Shut up or I'll knock you out again." I tried. Such a good way of consoling, isn't it?

"And your are not a bad person. You tried. You tried your best so shut up." He was silent. So maybe he is calmed down. We are still in the bathroom. He, sitting on the toilet and I, standing between his legs, but not too close. I socked a cloth in warm water and started cleaning blood from his body his clothes were not in a good condition. When I finish cleaning blood I went to my parents room, some of my father's clothes and handed them to Leo.

I went back to the kitchen thinking about what should I say to him. Should I ask him to stay at my home for the night? But spending a night with a strange boy? But his parents are assholes and I don't know what they will do to him. And if he could've able to go back to his house, he wouldn't have came to me. I guess I should ask him to stay the night at my place.

I ordered pizza, as it was already late and after everything that happened today I don't want to cook. Leo was still sad. I asked him to stay for the night and he instantly aggreed. I asked him if he wanted to eat something and he denied. I told him to sleep on the couch because there's no way I'll allow a boy in my room at night. I ate the pizza and went to my room, and brought a blanket for Leo. Then here I am on my bed thinking about everything thing that happened today and I found myself thinking about Leon too. I hope he is fine. Leo is sleeping downstairs. My parents will arrive tomorrow. Maybe I should talk to them about the situation but before they come I need make Leo leave the house. I'll sleep now. I not feeling good as well.

___

Hye guys, sorry sorry I know I am late. But what can I do? This story is not planned I do have a rough sketch but you know that's not enough, still I am trying to bring the chapters as fast as possible. But I need time too😩. I'm sorry. Please, don't hate me, it'll break my heart 💔. You know I love you guys. Okay now, I'll tell you something I guess you have noticed. Avni is a kind but she doesn't accept it. That's all, I'll try to update faster. Do vote and comment. Bye bye 🤎. Have a good day ✨.