Connection

Avni's POV

After finding a job for Leo I went straight for my home. Well, I can say my parents are not that cool as much as I thought they are. After that day when Leo left, I went to my parents to tell them about everything and they were not happy at least, which I think they should be. Because, fuck, what else was I suppose to do when Leo came covered in blood? Shoo him away?? At least I was not the one who invited him and it wasn't his fault either that his parents are homophobic piece of shit. And....hell. I'm just so angry.

My parents didn't say anything to me but the way they behave changed and my unstable magic was cherry on top. Yeah, since last few day, my magic aka powers are unstable. It's like the power is creeping under my skin wanting to get released but that's not possible I just can't hit any stranger on the street and run like some creepy ass villain, laughing. Well, the idea isn't that bad but I don't want to go to jail. Thank you very much. After doing some homework which can also be called spacing out, I heard my mom calling me for dinner.

"So, how's your study going?" My father asked, I'm sick of this, since last two day my parents are asking me weird... no, unusual questions. The dinner table conversations from day before yesterday, were were very different. 

"Good." I said as I poured myself some water.

"Are the results of your last test out yet?" Uhhh, again.

"Yes, A in all the subjects and I have already told you about the paper the day before yesterday." I replied looking at my plate suddenly not feeling hungry but wasting food is not allowed in my house. So I carried on, anyways.

"So, um, how's your friend... Leo right?" My mother tried. I'm so done with this. And I felt that last sting, that was holding my patience, snap. I stood up abruptly.

"Mom, why in the hell, are you guys acting so weird it's not like I did something wrong. Leo was there" I pointed a the main door, "covered in blood. Don't you understand? What else was I suppose to do? Okay tell me that if you were in shoes what you would have done? Shoo him away knowing that his parents are not in the right mind right now?" I holled looking at my mother straight in eyes.

"I would have said him to go away because- " My father tried interfered. My anger was growing and my mouth was not good any good.

"Amazing dad, so predictable. Nothing more expected from a man who doesn't give a fuck about his own chi-" I was cut short as a hand made a hard contact with my cheek, my head turned to side due to the force. I paused for a second and then looked up, still processing the slap. But what shocked me more that it was my mom who slapped me. Well then... great. I looked into her eyes for a solid second and then after finding not a single bit of regret, I walked past her towards my bedroom.

Now, here I am lying on my bed and starting at the celling for past 20 minutes. My room's a total mess, thanks to my anger and my, right now, unstable magic. Then it hit me again, the rage and the power. One moment I swung my hand in air directed to my table and the next moment all the things from my table was on the ground.

What in the hell, am I doing wrong? Why am I being punished? For the first time she hit me. Back in India, it was normal when I was staying in orphanage. But now, after 9 years, I realise I am back at square one. The denial isn't helping, maybe I actually don't fit it, or else who would help a total stranger? I'm done with pretending like this doesn't hurt or I'm fine with it because it hurts and I'm not fine. I should stop giving a fuck about anyone.

But Leo.. h- he is different. He makes me feel like I'm not alone in this shit or at least not the only one. His parents are shit and underneath those blue storms there is pain in his eyes. A pain which is familiar, which feels like my own. I think it's the only reason I feel a connection with him.

With this thought, my heavy heart and a burning sensation in my hands. I closed my eyes and allowed the darkness consume me.

___

Hyee cuties, how are you all doing? Well, I am trying to fix my schedule. ONLY FOR YOU😘. So how was the chapter so far? What are your thoughts on Avni's POV? Anyways, do vote and comment, I'll be waiting to read your comments. I'll see you in next chapter. Till then, It's your author, signing off- *smiles and disappears*