Showing up matters

Megumi was a brat, that wasn't a secret. He constantly bullied Gojo.

"Why does your hair look like that?" That was a question from yesterday, today was much more cruel.

"Ew, you stink." The little kid said, when Gojo greeted him after kindergarten.
Little did the kid know that the smell was probably the dead body, he had to get out from an abandoned house.

The curses tore the whole body apart, it was a miracle that they left the face alone and they were able to identify the man.

"I just got home from work, of course I'm gonna smell bad." Gojo said, Megumi just rolled his eyes and walked away from him.

He really needed a shower, so that's what he did before cooking something for both of them.

He dressed in something simple a black sweat pants and a white shirt, he was at home come on he can wear anything he want.
Gojo got his sunglasses on, his eyes has been fucking him up real good.

They have been extra sensitive, so he was very overwhelmed with it.
He knew something bad was about to happen, he just couldn't tell what.

He needed to ask Shoko for eye drops, which he did get and they did help for a while.

"How was kindergarten?" He asked after showering and going to the kitchen.
Megumi changed too, he was now in sweat pants too and a shirt that had a green dinosaur on it.

"It was fine." Megumi answered, Gojo always asked but oh well, the kid was fucking stubborn and wouldn't tell him a thing.

"Is that all? What did you do with your friends?" He pressed more, he was curious if Megumi would tell him something.

"I didn't do anything, can't you just shut up?" Megumi asked rolling his eyes, Gojo smiled narrowing his eyes at the kid.

"Geez, what's up with you today." Gojo mumbled, this kid was horrible with his attitude.
He was curious if the higher ups saw Gojo the same way.

He talked back, he was never respectful towards them, he had his attitude showing at every meeting of theirs.

Megumi didn't say anything back, just watched his usual cartoons.
Gojo sighed, getting ready to cook something simple.

He decided that some hamburgers were easy, wasn't the healthiest but- who cares?
At the start he wanted to make sure that Megumi would eat healthy all the time, but later realized that it's impossible to do that!

He doesn't have the time to cook all the time, or have the patience for it.
So sometimes he did order, and made them deliver the food to Megumi, beacuse he was away for a mission.

Gojo made sure to not get assigned to long missions, that would take days or even just a day.

They have been respecting this request of his, but who knew how longer Yaga principal can hide his schedule away from the higher-ups.

It was nerve wracking, but he couldn't do anything about it.
He put the meat on the pan, he was tired. The mission was easy, he didn't really needed to move a muscle.

Still, it was always mentally exhausting. Seeing a torn up body that has been rotting for days, isn't the beautiful view a sane person would wanna see.

For Gojo, as a jujutsu sorcerer, sadly or not, this was daily.
It was the lucky cases when they can identify the person. Most of the times, they can't.

"Hamburger is going to be for dinner, is that alright with you?" Gojo asked, Megumi just showed a thumbs up, what's up with this kid.

"Fucking brat." He mumbled, turning around to check the meat.
Then he felt a pillow hit his infinity. He had to keep it on, the kid loved throwing things at him with full force.