Always here

He always thought he could fix everything, because he was the strongest.

He was born to protect, to fix the world.

He was something perfect, something inhumane. Gojo heard a lot of nicknames people had given him over the years. They told him that he can fix anything, by just lifting his finger.

They all lied.

Nobody told him that he would have to fix his relationship with his kid.
Gojo had no idea how to do that?

Not this time.

Megumi and him have been on bad terms lately. The kid was irritated these days, and Satoru doesn't know how to fix this.

The kid doesn't let him close, he shuts off completely when Gojo wants to talk about things.
He is completely isolating himself, the kid doesn't even eat dinner with him anymore.

Even though Gojo isn't always home by dinner time, Megumi usually waits for him, but he notices that Megumi doesn't eat before he arrives nor after.

It's weird, and unsettling.

Unless, the kid eats inside his room, which isn't likely but could happen.

The kid always had a good appetite, now?
Gojo doesn't know if he eats lunch at school.

He also didn't know that Megumi started to play baseball at school, until the teen asked some money from him to buy himself a bat and other things for it.

It surprised Gojo because he always knew about stuff first hand, but- not these days.

He asked Megumi when did he start playing but the teen just answered with ‘does it matter?’ and walked off.

It didn't make sense for Gojo.

He sighed, turning around in his bed, Gojo turned the light on that was on his nightstand. He rubbed his temples, he pulled out the drawer and searched for his pills.

He got some sleeping pills from Shoko, which were like the only pills that worked for him, most of the time.
He got out one, and drowned it down with a few sips of water.

He turned the light off.

A knock made him frown for a few seconds before he could feel Megumi's cursed energy. It was anxious, it was fear. Gojo knew his cursed energy patterns by heart.

He was wondering what caused Megumi to knock at his door this late, especially now that they aren't on the best terms.

“Come in.” Gojo said, the kid walked inside his eyes searching for him in the dark room, only to land on him after a quick glance.

“Everything okay?” Satoru asked, couching nervously.

The kid walked towards him, and sat down.
He was looking at him, nervously picking his skin around his fingernails.

Gojo always saw Megumi having this habit, but no matter how many times he told him to stop, it seems like he still couldn't get himself to stop.

“I- don't want to be angry anymore.” Megumi spoke, his voice was low, the sorcerer could barely hear it.

He lets him speak, mostly because he doesn't know what to say and also because he wants to give Megumi some space.

The kid gulps and it's loud in this silence.

Their distance is loud between them.

Both of them know, and none of them knows how to act upon it.