Mute

This place was strange to say the least. Something about it made me uneasy. Of course I never actually said anything like that. It could just be a reaction to everything we've gone through.

My definite biggest reaction was that I would go mute out of nowhere. Something would happen that overwhelmed me, and I'd shut down. The people from my Maze has tried to be understanding, but a lot of my friends who actually tried were gone. Now I was always alone.

Today I was one of three people left in my Maze. This sent nothing but worry into me. So much so that I haven't been able to speak since I woke up. It's dinner time. That's how bad it is.

Luckily, I found a spot in the corner a while ago where people usually didn't look. That didn't stop a few of them from whispering though. I learned to stop caring a while ago.

"Hi,"Someone said. I nervously glanced up to see a boy from a new Maze. He had neat blonde hair and warm brown eyes. All the while he stood there with a smile.

"Can I sit?"He asked. I nodded my head. He slid across from me. "I'm Newt,"He introduced. I held out my hand. If he found me odd he didn't say anything.

"What's your name?"He asked. No matter how bad I wanted to tell him something still wouldn't let me speak.

"Are you mute?"He finally asked. I put up my hand to make a so-so motion. "Okay. You could air sign your name,"He suggested.

Glancing around, I nervously spelled out my name as he said each letter out loud. Once I confirmed it was the right one I'd move on.

"Y/N. Is it pronounced like that?"He asked. I nodded my head again.

"You have a pretty name. It suits you,"He complimented.

For the first time throughout the entire day I finally felt myself smile. When I was able to talk I'd tell him I liked his name just as much.