Drunken Confessions (Part 2)

Newt's P.O.V

I woke up with a headache and very little memory of what happened last night. I know I was talking to Minho then went off to do something he said. I wish I knew what. He said something about liquid courage.

Oh no. Liquid courage. What did I tell Y/N last night? I didn't tell her what I think I did, did I? What else could it be though?

I stood up to see everything the exact way it should be except for one thing. Right below my bed was a bracelet. To be more specific it was Y/N's bracelet. Did she stay here last night? What in the world happened? Did she just drag me back here or did she sleep beside me?

I needed to know right this second so I ran out of my hut.

Everyone looked mostly normal. A few guys were a bit more sluggish than usual, but that's not unexpected. There was no sign of Y/N though. I really had to talk to her. I need to know what I said last night.

"Minho. There ya' are. I need to talk to you,"I said, breathing a sigh of relief.
"Hey. How'd it go?"He asked.
"What exactly? What did I do last night?"I asked, panicked.
"You told Y/N you liked her. She ended up taking you back to you room. She didn't come out until like three hours ago,"He said casually. This was anything but casual.

"You seriously don't remember? Newt liquid courage means just enough to do something stupid. It doesn't mean forget everything you did,"He told me as if I needed a reminder.
"Do you know where she is?"I asked him. "She's in the kitchen with Frypan. You know? Her job?"

"I know where she works you shuckface,"I mumbled.
"Good luck buddy. She's not going to be very happy that you don't remember,"He said, patting my back.
"Remember what?"I asked impatiently.
"Go find out for yourself."

I made my way to the kitchen ignoring the worry I felt. The worst part is I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I said and nothing else really. What did she say? If she likes me back and spent the night why did she leave so early?

I was about to knock on the makeshift kitchen door when Y/N came out looking right at me. She froze for a second before going back to normal.

"Hey Newt. Are you feeling okay?"She asked.
"Yeah. I just want to talk to you for a minute 'bout you know?"I asked, not actually knowing what it was.
"Yes? I know what?"She asked. I stood there with no clue what to actually say or do. She was completely normal.

Then, I remembered what I kept in my pocket.
"This,"I settled for. She stared at it like it horrified her.
"You left it,"I stated.
"That I did,"She said, looking at the ground.
"I said I loved you, didn't I?"
"Not exactly,"She sighed. It wasn't in a good or bad way. She just seemed unsure of what to do, and to be honest so was I.

"What did I say?"I asked.
She put her hand behind neck and mumbled something incoherent.
"Y/N, what did I say?"I repeated.

She looked behind her nervously. After a minute she finally looked me in the eyes.

"You said you liked me as more than a friend. Apparently, Minho told you to get some liquid courage."
"You stayed the night?"I asked.
She didn't drop her head as she nodded.

"What did you say?"I asked quietly. My voice was almost a whisper.
"I said I'd believe you if you remembered in the morning."
"That's not what I mean."

There was an uncomfortable silence in the air. Every noise around us seemed to stop. That was far from true, but it was the only true way to describe the way right now felt.

"I said I loved you,"She confessed.
I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. Her feelings ran just as deep as mine. That liquid courage didn't do as much as I thought.
"I should go,"She mumbled.

"Wait, Y/N,"I said, gently grabbing her wrist. She froze and turned to look at me. I didn't know how to say everything I wanted to do I didn't.

Instead, I kissed her. Whatever she was carrying dropped to the ground as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I gently cupped her face before pulling away.

"I'm in love with you too Y/N."
"I think I got that."

I smiled at her before kissing her again. The Glade could wait, but she couldn't.