Next Time Then

If you ask me it wasn't even my fault. Unfortunately, nobody bothered to ask. I don't know what they wanted me to do. The dude was being a slinthead so I beat a little sense into him. It serves him right. Maybe now he'll  have some common decency in his life. No one else saw it that way so I'm spending the night in the slammer with no dinner.

"Six thousand and seventy eight, six thousand and seventy nine."
"You alright there love? You sound like you're losin' it already?"Newt asked.
"When'd you get here?"I asked, sitting up.
"Just a minute ago. I wanted to see how long ya'd really go on for,"He shrugged.
"I was trying to count how many stars I could see. I got bored,"I explained.

"You could have just slept,"He suggested.
"No. I didn't want to do that either,"I replied.

"What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't Mr.second-in-command be sleeping with the others?"I teased.
"I hate when ya' call me that,"He complained.
"No you don't. Now what are you doing here? Hate to inform you of this, but this place isn't much."

He looked down at me through the make shift bars.
"I figured you'd get hungry eventually,"He said, tossing me a piece of bread. I successfully caught it like the athlete I am.
"This is why I love you."
"Because I brought ya' bread?"He asked amused.

"No. Because you were kind enough to bring it. Also you're doing exactly what you're not supposed to be doing right now. You're just full of surprises,"I admitted, looking up at the sky. They were sparkling more than I'd seen than I'd seen them before. It could also be the fact that everything seems better and brighter when he's around.

"So are you apparently. Why'd you beat up poor Jack? The poor blokes nose was broken,"He asked.
"He was being a shuckface,"I responded nonchalantly.
"That's not a very good answer. Lots of people are shuckfaces, but ya' normally don't punch them,"He pointed out.
"He was talking bad about you,"I admitted sheepishly. That was the one thought could set me off. He was to good to be talked about negativity.

"Y/N, I don't want you to be in the slammer. I'd rather have you out here with me,"He said softly.

"I'll work on it,"I said to get a reaction.
"Y/N,"He sighed but I could still hear a grin behind it. "Next time just think about me tellin' you off for not being out here with me. I'm sure that'll stick in your mind."
"What if it's really rude?"I asked, waiting for his next words.
"Y/N,"He started.
"Just kidding. You know you're the only one I'll occasionally listen to."
"You're lucky I love you,"He sighed, sounding so done with my attitude but flustered at the same time. It was adorable that after all this time he still turned red around me.

"I know I am Newt. I'm the luckiest girl in the Glade."
"You're the only girl in the Glade,"He reminded me.
"You have to ruin everything don't you? The one time I'm nice and this is the thanks I get,"I huffed pretending to be offended.
"You're nice to me all the time,"He replied.
"Shh. I have a reputation to keep."
"Y/N-"
"Shh, can you hear it? Y/N, the girl who'll break your nose. Has a nice ring to it don't you think?"I asked innocently.
"You know what I think?"He asked.
"What exactly do you think Newton?"
"I think you need to go to bed before you get any more ideas in that head of yours."

"What if I have a completey different idea?"I asked.
"Then, I don't think it'd be a very smart one."

"What if the idea involves you?"I asked, grinning.
"Then, I'd be scared for my life,"He joked.
"What if it involves you, me, and you breaking me out of here?"I asked. Even from down here I knew he was rolling his eyes.

"Goodnight Y/N,"He told me, getting up to go.
"Okay, next time then,"I yelled.
"There better not be a bloody next time!"

There was in fact a next time.