Stars

"I swear Y/N. Sometimes, you are out of your mind,"Newt said, shaking his head as I pulled him forward.
"Yeah, but you know you love me. Come on,"I urged, letting go of his hand to climb up the Watch Tower. He sighed but still climbed up with me. No matter what he says he always goes along with my ideas.

"What's so special about some stars?"He grumbled.
"It's not about the stars,"I explained. He cocked an eyebrow.

"Then, why are we here?"He inquired.
"Wow. You really can't figure out one reason I would pull up the Watch Tower completely alone in the middle of the night? Not one?"I asked. He was as oblivious as before.

"You worry me sometimes Newt,"I sighed, leaning back. He didn't say anything, choosing to put an arm around me. I set my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It never failed to make me smile. There's just something about knowing he's right here that makes life better. To put it more accurately he just makes life brighter in general.

"Aren't they pretty?"I asked, looking up at the stars. They seemed to shine just a little bit brighter tonight. It was almost like they wanted us to think about the fact that we're laying under a gorgeous night sky together, completely alone, for the first time in ages. Me with my head on his chest and him a protective arm around me.

"You're pretty,"He mumbled, gazing down at me. I felt my face heat up as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you so much,"I said, taking in every one of his perfect features. His eyes seemed to light up as I did.

"I love you to Y/N,"He said softly, smiling down at me.

Suddenly, he got an expression of realization. "Oh. That's why you wanted me to look at the stars with you."

"Yeah. It took you long enough,"I teased.

"Hey. I got there eventually,"He defended.

"Yeah. Put a bit more emphasis on the eventually."

"Slow and steady wins the race,"He shrugged.
"That isn't always true,"I pointed out.
"No. I'm pretty sure it is. After all, I have you, don't I? That's a major win."

I didn't respond as I gazed up at him. The wind seemed to blow through his hair, and his warm brown eye seems to glisten with happiness. To put it shortly he looked absolutely incredible. No, scratch that. He is absolutely miraculous.

"Shouldn't you be looking for a shooting star so you can make a wish?"He asked, still smiling as he moved a stray piece of hair out of my eyes.

"No. Everything I could ever wish for is right in front of me."