CHAPTER 38: REVENGE

"Th–those eyes... it's those eyes..."

Diamond muttered in her seat, trembling with fear and anger. This was the first time ever she felt fear for another person other than the emperor. It felt unfamiliar, terrifying, and uncomfortable. And above all, the emotions she was feeling were disgust and anger.

She raised her head, saw Helena leaving, and glared at her.

"How dare you... how dare you put fear in me, you witch!"

Diamond said in her mind.

Witches are known as the most terrifying monsters in the world. They are monsters that possess the ability to transform into any creature they want. and they especially love to turn into human females to attack human males and steal their mana. Though this monster is terrifying, it is not strong.

A one-star knight would spend no effort to kill a witch, but if the knight gets charmed by the witch's magic, it doesn't matter how strong they are, they would be devoured.

"Yes... that's it. I must kill the witch before it hurts people. Yes, I am doing this to save everyone, Hehe, am sure Father will reward me After I get rid of the monster. Ha-ha-haha."

Diamond thought while snickering as she stared at Helena leaving.

—------------------------------

2 DAYS LATER.

EAST OF GIGGADON EMPIRE

HOUSE BLACKPORT ESTATE.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Come in..."

*CREAK* *DOOR OPENS*

"My lord, a letter just arrived from the palace."

Matheo said as he walked towards the duke, who is sitting behind his worktable. After he arrived, he takes the letter opener, opens the letter, and placed it beside the paperwork the duke was going through.

"Who is the letter from?"

Duke Blackport Questioned while he continued working.

"Your grace, from the fragrance laced on the letter, I would assume it's from young lady Elora."

Matheo guessed. since there was no name written on the envelope, and all the letters sent prior, by the young lady had the same flowery scent.

The duke dropped his work immediately after hearing that the letter might be from his lovely niece.

Matheo watched with a smile as he saw the dukes' eagerness to read his niece's letter. Not everyone knows this, but Duke Blackport got married at the very young age of eighteen, to a beautiful lady from a count family. She was known as the most beautiful, kind, and noble lady, by the people in the east.

But more so, she was loved by everyone in the Blackport estate, especially by the Duke and lady Elenor. (Elenor is the sister of the current Duke of Blackport.)

They loved her dearly and in return, she loved them too. The Blackport estate was filled with warmth and happiness for a while until a tragedy struck on the young duke's twenty-first birthday.

"Matheo!"

While deep in thought, Matheo heard the duke call, which snapped him out of his thoughts. As his gaze fell on Duke Blackport, he noticed a concerned expression on the duke's face. Seeing that, he bowed immediately.

"Forgive me, your grace, I got distracted by my thoughts."

Matheo bowed even lower in shame, ashamed of the unprofessional behavior he had just shown to the duke.

"It's ok Matheo, this happens often for people your age. When will your grandson be able to fill in your shoes so you can retire and rest your old bones?" Duke Blackport asked in a jestful manner.

Noticing the duke's jestful tone, Matheo raised his head.

"Oh-oh, don't make fun of me your grace, you know that brat is not ready to serve anyone. And I have sworn to serve you till my old bones turn to dust."

Matheo replied.

"Well... make sure you get some rest, regularly. back to what I was saying, it seems his majesty is plotting something again."

Duke Blackport said as he drops the letter on the table.

"What do you mean, your grace?" Matheo asked.

"Read it..."

The duke said staring at the letter.

As Matheo read the letter, an expression of disbelief and confusion fell on his face. He would not believe such information if it wasn't sent by the little princess. He wonders why the emperor would do something so careless and insulting.

"Y–your grace, if this information is spread to the public, there would be chaos in the empire," Matheo spoke in panic.

The duke shook his head at Noah's words before saying.

"It's not if, but when. Maximus is not a fool of a man that does things without a plan. This is just another one of his tactics."

Even if this was another ploy, why would he change a tradition that stood for centuries? Those traditions are what made Giggadon what it is today, and to change that is ludicrous. Duke Blackport thought in his mind.

"Well... it doesn't matter what plot the emperor has in mind. This is an opportunity for us to take revenge on what happened those years ago."

Duke Blackport spoke in a serious tone as his mana surged for a moment before returning back to normal.

Matheo could see the hate in the duke's eyes as he spoke. It was then that he knew that the duke had not forgotten, what happened all those years ago, but buried the hatred deep inside himself, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

"Oh, is my sister in the estate?"

Duke Blackport asked. Wondering why he hadn't seen her since morning.

"No, your grace. The lady set out this morning to attend a tea party." Matheo replied.

"Ok, when she returns, send this letter to her. And in the meantime, send a letter to all ship captains to double their training."

The duke commanded.

"Yes, your grace." Matheo replied, bowed, and walked out of the duke's office.

After Matheo left. The duke takes a key out of his pocket, opens a locked drawer, and takes a blue cloth out of it. He clenches it in his hands before saying.

"My love, the opportunity has finally come for me to avenge you and our beautiful girl. I promise you this time, no one will stop me, even if it's the emperor.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ WEEKS AHEAD? YOU CAN SUPPORT ME ON PATREON. THANK YOU.

patreon.com/Samjoe