𝟙𝟚. 𝕁𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕪

I patiently waited for Geyna by my estate to start his one-on-one training. "He's late..." I sighed and began searching for him.

I kept my eyes open for anyone walking near my Garden and spotted him. "Genya-kun! why are you all the way back here...?" Did I forget to give directions?

"I'm sorry Tomioka-sama! I got lost!" he once again gave me a 90-degree bow.

I signaled him to lift his head, "It's alright just meet me in front of my estate next time. Also, no last name bias, use my first name okay?" He smiled and nodded his head in response.

As a mentor, I had to be somewhat strict or harsh, even if it felt wrong. I rubbed my head at the thought of that.

"So from what I know is that you've been in the final selection, survived, but you have no breathing style, and your weapon is being made...it's a, A GUN?"

I see him slowly nod his head and my mouth opens agape, "Wow, that's new, anyway time for training."

"I want you to run 50 laps while maintaining your Total Concentration breathing, pretty easy for the first day!" I hope he knows that's not all...

I lift my hand, signaling him to start, Genya nods and the training has commenced.

"Ah...what am I gonna do with him...no breathing style? But how?" My eyes wander to the clouds, hoping to make some shapes out of them. "I see why Muichiro does this now," I let myself look down to where Genya was running, seeing him slacking off.

"Genya-kun! Stop slacking or you'll be doing 5 sets of 20 suicides!" I got up from my sitting position and looked at him more closely. 

I could easily tell that he got the memo since his posture straightened and his running pace was more spaced out. 

I inspected his every move making sure to correct anything. "Remember this is just the warm-up." I saw his eyes widen and he was practically out of breath. 

I shook my head at the sight of this, I have a lot of work to do.

He jogged over to me, out of breath and sweating. "Don't think that your day is done here."

"We are going to work on your sword stance, I mean gun stance? Whatever we'll figure it out." Genya politely bowed and grabbed a bokken I had laying around. 

"So you probably won't follow in my steps with ice breathing but just listen, it'll be good for you. Ice breathing is a mixture of Water Breathing's flowing, elegant movements, but also with my own sharp, precise cuts. You get all that?" I looked at his confused face and gave him a smile. 

"Can you...demonstrate?" My eyes lit up at his comment and I smiled once more. "Of course."

"Okay so first you wanna be light on your feet, like dancing with the enemy!" I took light steps around the battlefield, "Then when you have an opening on the opponent make, make your moves a bit more fierce." I sliced my katana into the dummy, making fluff come out.

"Oops...well you try!"

Genya attempted to follow my exact movements, stumbling at every turn he made. I sighed a little and looked closer. His footing is way off.

"Here Genya-kun, take my hand, we're gonna practice some dancing."

I grabbed his hands and started to waltz around with him. "Alright so just follow my movements, 1..2..3, you see you're getting it!"

I saw Genya have a small flustered expression on his face, which made me smile a little. I guess I have that charm~

Genya suddenly stopped his movements, and looked somewhat scared? "What's wrong?"