☹︎ [o.s.] heavenly.

osmund saddler||afab!reader||tw: religion/spirituality, cult/corruption, manipulation/power imbalance. a little lime? honestly idk what this classes as, but i just put that it is angst because it's kind of depressing?? yeah... BEFORE the events of re4, too.

a/n: SCROLL to the bottom if you want to see death island screenshots, literally ACTUALLY just of chris & his pronounced butt (i'm serious) lol !!

you had always wondered what was in the heavens, from god to angels. this is what led you to be in this very predicament.

you were scared and alone, you had nothing. no one. they took everything from you! you had to find the courage to keep trying, to keep searching for a will to live. you wanted to understand why this happened and what was beyond the stars. you had to find the strength to continue, to never give up no matter what happened. you wanted to reach the stars and seek answers to your questions... you had to believe that something better awaited you beyond the darkness.

you were sitting on the sidewalk when you looked up and saw your little sibling. you felt the tears welling up in your eyes. you felt guilt and sadness. if only you had been home the night of the fire, you could have saved them... or, better yet, you could have died alongside them. you had hoped it would be the latter because now you were alone.

you felt so much pain and regret. you were far away at the time of the incident, and now you had to live with what had happened and how you couldn't do anything about it. you had failed your family and there was no way to turn back time. you could only hope you could find a way to make up for it.

you wished you had done something differently, but here you are: a coward.

it had been two weeks since the house fire, taking everything you loved and everyone you once knew. two weeks since life as you knew it was over. you just needed a sign - something, anything - to show you life was worth living again when, suddenly, you heard someone shouting words of salvation as you journeyed down the road.

you were always curious about religion, but had never really gone to church. and, at this very second, you thought about what was there left to lose. even if this didn't help.

like... at least you could ask someone for a place to stay?

"religious people can be generous sometimes..? besides, anything beats staying out in the cold." you said to yourself quietly, as you opened the door to the building.

the moment you walked into the building you saw him, and he was a sight to behold... you could say, not your usual preacher. his strong gaze held yours for a few seconds before he turned away and continued his sermon.

you weren't able to resist being magnetized by him, like he possessed some kind of power over you. you couldn't put your finger on what it was, but you felt an undeniable attraction between the two of you. you felt that if you followed him, your life would forever be changed. so, you took a gamble and chose to follow him.

and, it was almost as if you were in a trance as you sat down.

🛐

"...for all have sinned, salvation is neigh." the man at the podium ended, closing his black sleek leather bible.

finally! everything had begun to make sense to you... you had been stripped of your family because of your sins. you needed salvation, rescuing, and he was your only hope.

because of this, you decided to stay after worship, hoping to speak a word to him.

"hello, traveller. what is it you seek?" he spotted you approaching, and you instantly sensed a stillness you hadn't since... forever ago, it seemed. it was a feeling of hope and purpose that you missed.