☻✴︎ [cs.r.] i : professor?

chris redfield||fem!reader||tw: THIS IS EXTREMELY LONG, like MUCH longer than my leon one lol -- age gap (10+ years), teacher/student relationship, power dynamic, mention of explicit pictures/sexting, oral, fingering, creampie. slightly dominant!reader (18-25), slightly awkward, drunkard professor!chris (30-35). modern college AU, featuring piers nivans, jill valentine.

you're tired. there are plenty of reasons as to why.

it's late. you've studied all night.

the clock that's situated across the old refrigerator currently ticks a little over half-past eleven, annoyingly reminding you that it'd be a wise decision to head to bed and get some much-needed rest before your morning classes start. the sink you linger by had finally been emptied of the dirty dishes that had been piling up over the course of the week.

unlike yourself, both of your roommates had been smart enough to finish their chores early and depart just as quickly. already soundly asleep; the doors that lead to their respective bedrooms are closed shut. you aren't surprised really: it's a perfect night for snoozing, after all. it's nice and cold outside, and quiet and warm inside.

as you stand in the little kitchenette of your modest student apartment, dressed in your warmest pajamas and fuzzy socks, there isn't a sound to be heard besides the mellow pitter-patter of rain that occasionally makes the window to your left rattle. the sound calms you, but your mind still continues to whir as you open the tap and wait for the water to reach room temperature. much like the ancient boiler that takes ages to start working, your kitchen is just as busted and could definitely use some renovating.

perhaps you could gather a couple of your friends and throw a splash of color on the walls with their help, maybe add some indoor plants that you could place on the windowsills? now that you've finally finished and submitted the assignment to your dumb criminal justice professor, you could do it over the weekend, buy a bottle of wine or two, and-

-wait, did you send the assignment..?

you're nearly finished with filling up your water bottle when it dawns upon you; the acknowledgment is as sharp as ice. blinking, you can feel the cool liquid begins to overflow the rim of the bottle, dousing both of your hands with cold water that never even got the chance to heat up. your face twists at the unpleasant sensation.

it must be a mistake. has to be, right?

staring at the tap you've just turned off, anxiety begins to creep in. you must be wrong - you're sure of it. no, you're positive... and yet, slow, albeit steady, panic still continues to crawl inside your brain like an intrusive spider landing on your chest from above your bed. with every passing second you spend inside the kitchen you're barely paying rent for, the cloud of doubt looming above your head grows bigger and bigger.

you definitely remember seeing that file amongst the mess of documents on your computer whilst you'd been typing the email. and, that's fine; there's nothing wrong with that. but now, you're stuck wondering if your stupid, idiotic self actually managed to... send it somehow?

in mere seconds, your water bottle is sent flying into the sink as you sprint back towards your bedroom with quick-paced footsteps; all of them executed in absolute haste. you haven't even run a long distance, and your breaths are already shaky by the time you reach your desk - teeth chewing on the fresh manicure that you've saved up for as you practically yank open your laptop and tap the browser with eyes as wide open as a frightful fawn's.

"c'mon, c'mon, c'mon..." impatience seeps out of you now, and your pupils turn as big as saucers whilst you take the moment to just scan the page that finally opens up after the computer comes back to life.