☻ [nm.] stuck.

nemesis||any reader||tw: BASED ON DEAD BY DAYLIGHT! hurt/comfort, mentions of vomit. monster/killer x survivor!reader, featuring carlos, chris, and jill.

the dark, gloomy fog soon dissipated, exposing the killer shack's recognizable shape amongst the decaying debris. as you descended into its basement, the stench of rotting wood filled your senses. your body stiffened as a result of a faraway set of unusual grumbling you started to hear within earshot. you sensed a powerful presence: the presence of the entity, causing the little hairs that lived on the expanse of your skin to perk up.

you immediately noticed a chest at the far back of the room; this had been your objective for the past few trials, but you were experiencing no luck... until now!

so, you ventured towards it, excited, and began your attempt to pry the wooden box open. you yanked on the corroded lock repeatedly, hoping for it to open soon. but, as the lock broke, your terror radius sounded. the monster behind the violently-pounding heartbeat drew closer and closer, as you obtained a new toolbox from the aged chest. did the killer know you were down here? did they have an aura-detecting perk?

when you beheld the enormous figure of the nemesis emerge from the doorway, your morbid curiosity was promptly addressed. as you prepared to flee the area, you almost let out an unnerving cry of terror. tragically, he was one step ahead of you mentally and obstructed your route to safety. you knew then that this would be a difficult scenario to escape from...

nemesis held out his hand, a long tentacle tearing through his wrist. he aimed it straight for you, intending to infect you with its virus, but by some miracle, you successfully avoided the tentacle, dashing past the preoccupied killer, and narrowly escaped with your life.

however... as you headed up the steps, an outburst of distress echoed from behind you. the howl made by him was unlike anything you had ever heard before. to say the least, it was ear-deafening, with a tinge of pain.

pain?

the killers never exhibited any signs of pain or weakness, unless a pallet was dropped on top of them, or when they were stunned by us in some way or another. even so, it was obvious knowledge that there were never any pallets that were stored in the basement... how could the nemesis be in pain?!

you came to a standstill atop of the steps and peered behind you to find the killer staring blankly at the cracked wall where you had previously stood. you approached him carefully, confused to discover his tentacle having been trapped between the boards of the wall.

as the pursuer-beast tried to aggressively tear its body part from the wooden boards, blood had begun to cascade down the oldened wall. it appeared to be excruciatingly uncomfortable for him, and from witnessing his deplorable state, you truly felt sorry for him... so much so that you felt compelled to assist him in getting out of his predicament.

'but, what was the point? after all of what he has done, why should i?'

"h-hang in there! i'm going to find a way to help you!" you declared over towards nemesis as you sprinted back out of the killer shack, internally panicking over the ethics of the decision you were planning on making, whilst leaving said-creature behind to writhe in pain.

how were you going to help him? how were you going to explain this to the others?

you had a sinking feeling of trepidation when the preschool's generator was swiftly announced into the air as completed. they were all undoubtedly over there, and they were absolutely going to demand answers about the killer's absence... you'll come up with something to say, surely.