Beetee's plan

-16/07/2023

Y/n POV

Beetee called us all over, he said he had a plan. "Where do the careers feel safest, the jungle?" Beetee questioned. Joanna retorts by saying "No, the jungle's a nightmare" and I hear Marvel say, "probably the beach" "then why aren't they here" Katniss asks and I reply "because we're here, we claimed it". "So, if we left, they would come" Beetee asked trying to make sense of the situation and then Finnick says, making a suggestion "Or stay hidden in the tree line", Beetee responded by saying "which in just four hours, will be flooded by the wave, at 10:00 o' clock, and what happens at midnight". Katniss then responds to Beetee's question by saying "lightning strikes the big tree."

*Time skip to after Beetee explains his plan and they all agree. because I'm a lazy Bish*

When it was time, we all went to the tree. "Alright, what do we do now?" I ask, and Beetee replies "we just have to wrap the coil around the tree" and then shows us how by wrapping the coil around the tree the right way, because if we didn't do it right, we wouldn't get the right electricity. we had all had turns on who should wrap the coil around the tree, and we did it in pairs, first it was: Finnick and Joanna, then Peeta and Katniss, The me and Marvel. Beetee watched over all of us, making sure that we did it right.

"Yeah, then wrap it under there" Marvel says. He was holding the wire spool while I was busy wrapping the coil around the tree. "Alright, now it's my turn to hold and your turn to wrap" I say to Marvel, and we switched places. While we were doing this, we were also talking about our lives back home. We didn't argue at all, But Finnick and Joanna argued the whole time.

Once we were done, the tree looked like a flipping fork. Beetee wanted to do another layer, but he didn't want to run out of wire. Then we all rested for about 10 minutes as our arms were tired. Soon it was time to take the wire to the beach. "Typically, a lightning strike contain five billion joules of electricity, we don't want to be anywhere near here when the lightning strikes", Beetee explains to us. Then he says, "you three girls, take this and unspool it carefully", and gave the wire to Katniss, Joanna and me. 

Peeta then seemed a bit unsettled and disappointed that he couldn't go with Katniss, and said "I'm gonna go with the as a guard" and Beetee replied "no, no, no, you are supposed to stay here and protect me". Peeta started shaking his head insisting he has to go with Katniss.

Beetee then says, "You need to protect me, there are two Careers out there so I need two guards" "Finnick and Y/n can protect you just fine on their own" Peeta says and Katniss nods and says "why can't everyone else stay to protect you and the tree, and me and Peeta can go with the coil" she says and I reply with "it's his plan, we all agreed to it". Joanna then intervenes and says, "Is there a problem here". To which Peeta replies "no, there's no problem here. I'll see you at midnight" he says and before we go, we all say our 'I'll see you Soons' and I go to Peeta after seeing Finnick and Marvel, "don't worry I'll take care of Katniss while you aren't there" I say to him while I had a comforting hand on his shoulder. Then I hear Joanna call for me, and I give him a sad smile and left to go to the others. 

We were pulling the wire until we were stopped because we felt the wire slack, and we had a lot of wire left so that means something's wrong, something was on it. I knew someone was coming so I pushed Katniss down and Joanna slit her wrist taking out the tracker and put some blood on her neck and I told her to stay down. Then Joanna hit me down and took out the tracker and smothered blood on my neck. Then Brutus and Enobaria came, she threw her axe at them and ran, while they ran after her, me and Katniss hid by the side of the sand because we heard someone run by us. Then I heard someone whisper "Joanna!?, Y/n!?, Katniss!?" and ran passed us.

I recognized this voice as Finnick's. We then made our way to the tree with Katniss calling for Peeta and myself calling for Marvel once we heard noise we hid in the bush. Then we saw Finnick and he looked t us. "Remember who the real enemy is" he said, directing it to Katniss as he held up his hand with the gold bracelet. 

Katniss took the wire and wrapped it around the tip of her arrow and aimed at the dome, ignoring Finnick's protests. She shot it and I jumped in front of her as the dome came crashing down around us as we fell backwards. Before I knew it everything went black.

Kaniss POV

I fell backwards with Y/n as she passed out. I moved her off of me and realized she tried to save me, I felt bad that she would die to save me. I fell back as I watched as everything crashed around me and Y/n. Then the hovercraft came above us, and the claw picked us both up. and before I knew it, everything went in black dots and then everything was black.

Y/n POV

I wake up with a oxygen mask on, I take it off of me and look around and I see Katniss and Beetee passed out next to me. They also had oxygen masks on. I got up and walked around the room and heard voices behind the door. I opened it and walked in and saw Finnick, Haymitch, and Plutarch, the game maker. 

Finnick explained to me what had happened to some of the Tributes. "where's Marvel and Joanna" I ask and Finnick replies "in the Capital", and I let out a sob. Just then Katniss walks in and they explain it to her. She looked at me ready to attack but then she attacked Haymitch and he stabbed her with a needle knocking her out and Haymitch told me to take her back.