Becoming the Mockingjay and Hawk

-21/07/2023

Y/n POV

"NO!!" I screamed waking up from a nightmare. I probably woke up a few people in 13, but I don't care. I got up and went to Finnick's room, I walked in the room slowly, just to check if he's awake. I saw him awake and He looked at me, "nightmares?" he asks, and I nod my head. 

"Yeah, I can't sleep for the same reason", He starts "want to talk about it?". I nod and sit next to him. "I keep seeing them, every time I try to forgive myself, I just can't stop thinking, that I'm the reason they're dead",

"I could have saved him, he should have lived, I'm sure if he were here, he wouldn't have had nightmares, he would be happy" I say. He replied "no it's not your fault, and no one could be happy after murdering innocent children, except maybe the Career's, He sacrificed himself for you. You, being sad makes his death go in vain, you don't want that, do you?" I shake my head, and he smiles at me.

We spent a half hour talking about how we hate the Capital and Snow and the games.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna go to bed now, I've got an early morning tomorrow, so Goodnight Finn" I say "Goodnight, N/n" he replies, and I walk out of his room.

- - - -

I had gotten up early, since me and Katniss scheduled a meeting with Plutarch and President Coin. We had got there at the same time. I started it off "Thank you for meeting us here, We have decided to be the Mockingjay and Hawk, but we have some conditions." 

Katniss continues on for me, reading from a piece of paper where she has a list "Peeta, Marvel and Joanna, they will be rescued at the earliest opportunity, When Peeta is liberated, he will be pardoned of everything he has done, and no punishment will be inflicted, and for the other Tributes as well."

No one spoke for a moment until Coin spoke "no". That is what ticked me off "it's not their fault you abandoned them in the Arena" I say and, Katniss nods "They are doing whatever and saying whatever the Capital forces them to say, just to survive."

Coin started saying "Individuals don't make demands in 13, there will be a tribunal and fair judgement." Katniss says, "the victors will be granted immunity, and you WILL announce that in front of the whole of 13". "you will hold yourself and your government responsible OR you will find another Mockingjay and Hawk" I say firmly. 

"That's it, that's them. That is the women I was talking about" Plutarch interrupts, "see the burning passion to save their loved ones, isn't that what I promised, they both have the same desires for Panem".

Me and Katniss stare at Plutarch and Coin in shock. "madame president, we're losing ground because people are losing heart and hope, This is worth the risk, they are worth the risk" he completes.

Coin sighs and sits back in her chair, with a big smile on her face, "do you have any other conditions?" I shake my head; Katniss checks her list "my sister gets to keep her cat".

- - - -

That night we returned to the dining hall; we saw two people sitting together. I easily recognized them as Effie and Scarlett, "Effie?" "Scarlett" me and Katniss ask at the same time they look up and see us. Scarlett stood up and I ran to her enveloping her in a hug, with tears in my eyes I break the hug "I thought you were dead; I didn't know you were with the rebels." I say to her, then we sat next to Katniss and Effie, they were talking about how Plutarch 'recued' her and how she missed her outfits and wigs.

"Scarlett, show them" Effie says and Scarlett hands me and Katniss a black folder. It had a bunch of papers in it. We opened it and saw outfit sketches and pieces of fabric. "Me and Cinna promised we wouldn't show you until you agreed to become the Mockingjay and Hawk on your own" Scarlett says. "Cinna" Katniss whispered "he's dead, isn't he?" Effie nods sadly. I flipped it and saw a diagram of Katniss in full costume and there was a piece of fabric.

I flipped the page and saw a diagram of me in full costume and there was also a piece of fabric there. We went through the whole book, the picture just got more detailed, and we also found notes from Cinna and Scarlett.

"They have them, they have the Mockingjay, and the Hawk costumes" Effie says. Me and Katniss looked towards Effie, did they really have our costumes?

"there's not much of a prep team in 13, but we'll make you two the best dressed Rebels in history" Effie says with a laugh.

Okay so I hope you're prepared for a lot of options in the next chapter