Visiting District 12

This is probably crap because I'm writing this at 00:10 but this is the best I can do

Y/n POV

I knocked on the window of Finnick's door before I walked in. "How you doing?" I ask him, and he looks up at me and says, "I don't know, kinda shitty". "don't worry we'll rescue her soon enough" I say.

"But I didn't come here to tell you that, I came to say I'll see you later" I tell him, he looks at me and asks "why, where are you going?". "Don't worry, I'm just going to district 12 wit Katniss, I'll be back before you know it" I say, walk out the room after hugging him.

I knew Finnick for a long time, and to be honest we're each other's only family right now, but that won't last long because I'm going to ask them to rescue the others when we come from district 12.

Time skip

I walked with Boggs and Katniss to the aircraft. Once she saw Gale, she ran up to him and jumped in his arms. I've got to say for someone so in love with Peeta, this was odd.

"Are you sure you want to do this" he asks her, "you can always say no". But she replied "no I need to see it for myself". "This way" Boggs interrupts them, and we all walk to the aircraft.

                                                                                          ※※※

"District 13 swept everything, top to bottom. So, you two will be safe" Gale says and then the aircraft door opens. Me and Katniss walks out and the aircraft go's up. Katniss walk up a little slope and gasps "what is it", I question and when she didn't answer, I went up the slope as well and what I saw was horrible, there were skeletons and skulls everywhere. Katniss fell to her knees and let out a sob while I comforted her.

                                                                                       ※※※

We walked into a little village of houses, probably their victors village. We walked into a house, which I assume was hers. When we went in the place looked dark and dim, she went to the closet and pulled out two coats smiling, she handed me one and said, "this one would look good on you" and she took the other one. We both put the coats on and continued to look around. 

She grabbed a brown messenger bag and dumped whole lot of medicine in it. I gasped loudly as I heard glass get knocked over, Katniss came over and we saw a orange cat hissing loudly. "Figures" she mutters and takes the cat in her arms while it hisses at her, "c'mon, don't you want to see Prim" she says to it. She puts it in the bag while the cat continues hissing "there you go, you're breaking my heart" she says to it and I smile a bit.

Me and Katniss walk to an office and she picks up a black and white picture and puts it in the bag, and the cat meows. Then I saw white roses in a vase, all of them wilted, I put my hand in and pulled out a rose, that was still perfect, I saw a few golden drops on it and I smelled it. There was perfume on it. 

"Katniss, Katniss, you should see this" I say, and she came over to look at it. After she examines it she drops it and I say "we should get out of here" I say and she nods.

                                                                                             ※※※

We returned to 13, by then the sky was dark blue. Katniss went to her mom and sister. I went to Finnick's room and told him to come down with me to the dining hall, to have dinner. Once me and Finnick were there we sat next to Katniss and Gale.

The Capital anthem started playing. "Hello and good evening" Cesar says and he kinda looks sad. The last time I saw him was our Interviews. "And a big welcome to all in Panem. I'm Cesar Flickerman, whoever you are, whatever it is you're doing, if you're working, put down your work, if you're having dinner, stop having dinner, because tonight we are going to reveal what happened during the Quarter Quell, tonight we have a special guest, Peeta Mellark" he says, and the camera zooms out showing Peeta sitting next to him.

"Peeta, a lot of people feel as though they are in the dark" Cesar says "yeah I know how you feel" Peeta states blankly. Katniss got up and walked closer to the TV. "So, talk us through what happened that last night in the Arena" Cesar tells Peeta. Peeta then explained that when people are in the Arena, they only have one wish. 

Cesar completes his sentence by saying "it costs your life". I walk up to Katniss and put my arm around her shoulder, and I heard her mutter "you're alive".

P= Peeta, C= Cesar

P- I think it costs you more than your life.

C- what do you mean? what's more than your life?

P-I mean to murder people, innocent people, that costs everything you are. So that night, I held on to my wish, that night wished for her to be safe.

C-yes, nodding his head.

P- I should've just run away with her earlier that day like she wanted to.

C- Why didn't you? were you caught in Beetee's plan.

P- no I was busy trying to play allies. They separated us and I went looking for but when the lightning struck the tree and the Arena was crashing down, that's when I lost her.

Peeta then explained how Katniss didn't know what she was doing and said to end the war, and how we almost went extinct the last time, then the TV went off. The room burst into people screaming things like 'he's on their side' or 'he's a mutt'

time skip

Me and Finnick went to his room and walked in, "hey" I say, and he looks up to me, "hey" he replies, patting the space next to him, telling me to come sit. I sat next to him; we sat in silence for a while until he let out a sob.

 I retaliated by holding him close to me and he starts talking "What if they hurt her really badly it would be all my fault" "no don't blame yourself, it would also be my fault, I agreed on what Haymitch said, you only agreed because of me, so if anyone's to blame it's me" I tell him "no, we only have the Capital to blame, Snow is the one to blame" he says, still crying and I held him until he fell asleep. 

I tucked him in bed and went out of his room, and into my own. I went to bed. Once my head hit the pillow I let the darkness consume me.