9

She laid her head on her pillow and a smile creeped its way to her cheeks. Today had been the most amazing and happiest day she had, ever since the day she got her life destroyed. She had laughed like she hadn't in a very long time. Initially, she had only Mommy to make her laugh, that's when she came back some minutes to midnight. But today, her laughter came along with a fresh new set of waves that set her stomach in fire. It was real, free, and full of happiness.

If she can voice it out, Nasir had been the best thing that had ever happened to her in her life. He was an angel sent to her from heaven. He had filled all the void spaces in her heart she thought would stay empty forever and those she didn't know she had. He brought to her an immeasurable happiness she thought she can never have.

The dam he took her was nothing compared to a beach. It didn't have a beautiful shore nor did it came with a souvenir of pebbles and amazing stones. It was a plain dam that had children walking over and grownups too. Nothing to fantasize about, but it still put a chord to her heart.

A chuckle escaped her lips as she reminisced the conversation they had with Nasir. At the bank of the dam, with their legs dipped into the water. There was no place for them to sit, but Aisha had appreciated the conversation, with them standing on their feet, the wind blowing off her veil from her head and some parts of her hair revealing. And how the sun shone on her skin, it radiated deeply into her soul and ignited a beautiful feeling within her.

She could clearly remember the look in his eyes when he looked at her, "Aisha, You really look beautiful as the wind blows off your veil and the sun shines brightly on you. And I so much love the smile on your lips, may it stay there forever," He said. And Aisha could swear that time she felt as the butterflies in her stomach flipped their wings and she was afraid wether he saw the crimson red of her blush.

"All thanks to you, Doctor. I couldn't remember the last time I felt this truly happy wallahi. You really have been a blessing to me." She said with utmost sincerity, that Billion Dollar smile slowly gracing her lips.

"Ouch! The billion dollar smile, Man!" He said with a voice that spoke his enthusiasm and how infectious the smile was to his heart.

This time, Aisha laughed. The kind of laughter that rose from the pit of her heart, up to the crisscross of her ribs and to her chest and then to her lips. "This Billion Dollar smile, I'll have you buy it someday. But then, I want to know you today. Not the Doctor that walks around a hospital with thousands of emotions buckled up into his chest while trying to heal your patients. I want to know you, under the skin of your lab coat and that Dr. Before your name."

He smiled and admiringly looked at her that she had to take off her eyes from him. "But I brought you here so you can take it off your chest. All that has been eating you up, I mean." Those were the words that came out of his mouth, and Aisha took her time before she replied him.

"No, I want us to talk about you today. The real and raw you, not a facade." She turned and they were now facing each other as the waves of the dam swoosh over their feet, she felt as the coldness of the water magically walked its way to her heart. Aisha had never felt this wobbly all her life. It was a new feeling, surely, and she had already fell in love with it.

He sighed and played with the water with his legs, "I have nothing mysterious hiding until the letters of my name. They're just as real as my name is, Nasir Muhammad Tijjani. I'm a plain and simple guy."

She took her eyes from him and took in the feeling of her surroundings, today had been beautiful. A very beautiful evening to end a stressful day with. "Everyone has something to say about his name, but I won't probe for an answer. I want it to come up naturally to you just like this water sways and dances on our feet. So, Dr, no more you today."