11

She sat down on her bed with a small smile playing on her lips. She was curious and anxious about that paper. What could be in it? Maybe her admission letter from Katsina? She quickly dismissed the thought, because she could clearly remember how Nasir's face looked like when Baba dropped the bombshell, he knew it too then. But then what? She asked herself and folded her legs and sat into yoga style in the middle of the bed.

Slowly, she began unfolding the paper until she came across his carefully written words. Not the kind of meshed handwriting Doctor's is accused of. She smiled and took a deep breath. What could he have possibly written in here? Silently, with only her lips moving, Aisha began to read.

Hello, there young lady!

Yes, I know. You're pouting your lips because I called you young. While if I were to say, old woman, you will be knocking on my door now, seething in rage. Writing a letter in this era is old fashioned, but what other way do I have? You have no phone and want no one as well. This can be the only way I can reach out to you, and write out the things I can never voice out.

I know your little head has already predicted what's written in here, about your school right? You're right Aisha. That was a huge blow Baba released on me. It meant that I have only two weeks to see you walking around the living room. Only two weeks to help you cook around in the kitchen. Yeah I know I don't help much but taste almost all of the times.

You should take very good care of yourself, Aisha. Very very good care of yourself. If not, I won't be able to forgive you. You have to know that I'd miss you here while you're away, but it's for a meantime I know. I might come now and take a peek at your face, you smile, I know. Pardon my manners, but open your window, please.

Stay Beautiful,

Dr Nasir.

Before she was able to take control of her smile, she heard a soft knock on her window and she got startled. "It's me, Aisha." He whispered, and she rushed to her window.

She took the ends of her curtains in her hands and spread them apart. She held onto the window and slung it open, then his face was revealed, clearly as though he was being lightened up by the moon. She felt the sudden urge to put her hands on his cleavages, but the thought ran away as swiftly as it came.

"Are you done?" he asked, and she nodded with a smile.

She walked to her mirror and took her vanity stool. She placed it opposite him and wished there wasn't the wall between them. Looking at him with a cool smile, the paper still in her hands, Aisha smiled. The Billion Dollar smile as he called it.

"Thank you for this, it means a lot. I'll write to mine and place it here. Get it before you left to work." She said and placed her hands on the wall between them, and Nasir let his eyes admired the beauty of her hands.

They were fair, slender and beautiful fingers. He bet the softness of her palms will put that of a feather to shame. She had naturally polished nails and clear and clean skin.

"I need the name of the product you use, Aisha." He said, his eyes still on her hand that was between them.

She followed his gaze and chuckled, taking her hand back in a swift. "What? I don't use any product. You bought me the cream I use, after all."

He looked into her eyes now, "But your skin is so fair and fresh as if you just got out of the shower. And your nails are naturally polished. Clean cuts and slender fingers. Can there be such beauty in just a hand?" He asked and Aisha threw her head back in laughter.

"Don't be ridiculous, Dr Mommy used to say My Dad was Fulani, I think that's where I got the fresh and fair skin. Justifiable, right?" She asked and watched in awe, as he stretched his hand on the wall between them.