34

"Happy Birthday, Aisha!" Daddy chorused and hugged her to his body. She shrieked and hugged him back, she always had the best birthday in her life. Daddy made sure he made it back home whenever it was her birthday, it can be for a few hours before he travelled out of town again. But he had to be there when it clocked at midnight, on the 25th of March of every year.

Ilham moved towards her and hugged her, "Happy Birthday, Humaira. Please be a responsible girl, you're no more a teenager." Humaira laughed as Ilham pinched her cheeks.

"I promise to be a good girl, Ilham." They all laughed because they knew Humaira would never be changed.

The maids came forwards one by one and began wishing her a happy birthday, she was all smiling today. And it looked good on her, not her usual cold smiles that were intimidating. Humaira looked at Daddy and smiled cutely, "Daddy, will you be present at the party?" She asked, but in her mind, she wished he wouldn't make it. She knew if he was there she can never get the chance to do all she planned to do when she turned twenty.

"I have to fly to Hong Kong early tomorrow, Aisha. I'm sorry but we can celebrate your birthday when I'm back. Deal?" He asked and she wanted to squeal out of joy. She smiled innocently and nodded her head in understanding.

"Yes Daddy, thank you. I should blow off the candles and make a wish, Daddy." The maids brought the cake forward and Humaira made the wish before she blew the candles. She cut the cake and fed Daddy and Ilham and they did the same to her.

Daddy smiled loving at her and patted her head and she looked up innocently at him. Daddy was the only one that saw her innocent and vulnerable side. He hugged her again when they were left alone in the room, "Cheers to the 20th year of being strong, Aisha. You've grown up to be an amazing and sweet little girl. Even though I'm proud of you, I'm not proud of your constant visitation to the police station." Humaira laughed and placed her head on his chest.

"Daddy I'm proud of you too. An award should be presented to you for being the very best father, Daddy. And I promise to be a good girl henceforth." He presented her his gift and left to his room. He said he had to sleep early because he was catching the first flight tomorrow morning. As soon as Daddy left, Humaira ran to her wardrobe and changed.

She looked at her window and smirked before she slipped down her rope. She knew her boyfriend Rafiq was already waiting for her at their gate and she rushed down the rope. She had an exquisite and expensive birthday party planned and would be taking place in the A & H restaurant. Before she went on wether plans, she had all the workers of the hotel and she gave them a concrete warning that whoever made the mistake of calling Daddy and telling him she had a midnight party, he would be hired.

She successfully got out of the house and rushed to where she saw Rafiq's car parked, as soon as she entered, he hugged her and chorused, "Happy Birthday, Aisha. I love you."

She broke their hug and gave him a hard glare, "You aren't allowed to call me that, Rafiq."

She shrugged his shoulders and chuckled, "What? It's your name and Daddy calls you that too. Just chill, Humaira."

She groaned and looked at him, "I told you clearly, Rafiq. My name is Humaira, not Aisha. Only Daddy is allowed to call me that."

He raised his hands in surrender and laughed, "Humaira, I'm sorry. Now, Happy birthday Humaira. I love you."

She smiled and pinched his cheeks, "Now, that's so much like it." They laughed and drove along.

They stopped at the front gate and the guards asked them whether they were there for the birthday party or they wanted to book a room. "It's me, open the damn gate and let everyone in." She spoke and the guard nodded his head.