17

He didn't indulge much in the information, Aisha had noticed. She wanted to know, to feel it all, what happened? What did he hide from Mama? What did Madina turn him into? Sleep had already deserted her, she had a bad feeling about this, she knew nothing good out of this would come out, but Aisha was certain. She wanted to read, After all, it was Nasir that wrote it. What he didn't mention was that he hid Madina from his life, from his world, not just Mama. He told her every single detail of his stay in Katsina, there were moments he told her about, more than twice. He deliberately pulled Madina out of their conversations, he didn't want her to know, but she did.

She took the second letter, her eyes were wide opened, but the scary thing was that she felt pounding in her chest. This wasn't good, she was going to get her heartbroken. She knew he had never confessed his love for her, but she could see it written all over his face. She had no right to ask him... "Aisha, don't judge. Read about it all, first." She spoke to herself and palmed her face out of frustration. She took the second letter.

25th April 2015

Government Girls Secondary School, Katsina

9:45 am.

The first time I saw Madina was on a Friday, and I spent my weekend with her all over my soul. I've never thought I would meet a girl that will capture my heart at first glance, but Madina. She was extraordinary. She was different from all the ladies I've ever seen in my whole life. She was beautiful, as beautiful beauty can ever be defined. I walked into their classroom, SS2 A had suddenly become my favorite. As I've seen her last week, she was on their seat, with her eyes glued to the window. Silently, I prayed she was looking out for me.

"Good morning, class." I greeted and murmurings were coming from the girls. Through my peripheral view, I watched as Madina knelt slowly and she was up, back into her seat with her notebook. She looked calm and composed, yet; there was something about those eyes I couldn't seem to comprehend.

The class started and throughout the class, she was intently looking at the board. She had her eyes and attention on me, but I wished she was looking at me with what I wanted her to. I gave them quick classwork and before I was out, "Who's your class representative?" I asked, and they kept looking at me, confused.

"I mean, who's your class monitor?" And they all started pointing at Madina, calling out her name.

Madina stood up and ducked her head down, "I am, sir. My name is Madina Aminu Musawa." I know... I wanted to say, but I had to put a straight face.

"Collect all their books and bring them to the staffroom, now." She nodded her head and sat back. I packed my belongings and walked out of the classroom, relieved that I'm finally going to have some words with her, even though not personal words; I can still hear her voice.

It wasn't even up to five minutes when I saw her walking into the staffroom, I wanted to stand up and ask her to sit on my sit. She placed the books on my table and was about to turn around when I called her name. "Madina, right?" She looked up from my desk and unto my first, our eyes locked and I wished nothing but to hold her eyes in mind for as long as I can.

Madina looked away and cringed, she had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen in my life. "Can you please write me the names of your classmates?" I asked, I already have them, but I wished nothing but to make her stay extra long in my office.

"Yes, Sir." She answered and tried walking away when I called her back. "Can you write the name here? I need the names to use them now."

The desk next to me was empty, and I motioned for her to sit. She sat down, looking as uncomfortable as she can. I gave her a pen and a Paper, and Madina started writing the names while all the effort I tried not to look at her proved futile. Because I found myself, turned on my chair while I fixed her eyes on her. With shaking hands, Madina wrote out the names alphabetically and gave it to me. I had no reason to make her stay, so I let her walked away.