ღ︎06

★︎ 𝘐 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘏𝘌 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞𝘚 ★︎

chris' pov

chris watched as juliet ran away from him with nick.

"you good?" he hears matt say.

"yeah, jules has just been acting weird lately. maybe i'm just overthinking it or something." he replied, his brother giving him a look.

"i think she's been acting weird a little more than just 'lately'." matt said, raising his eyebrows.

"if this is about our conversation this morning, then shut the fuck up."

matt raised his hands in the air in surrender, "i'm just saying, you both are getting super close."

"we've always been this close." he replied.

"not like this, dude." matt says, retreating to his room.

chris sat down onto the couch, letting his thoughts overtake him.

earlier that morning was kind of a lot for chris, he'd saw nicks stupid post and his immediate reaction wasn't his proudest moment.

he knew that if jules had heard that she probably would've been hurt, who wouldn't?even if she was his best friend he'd understand her thinking he was an asshole.

lately though, jules had been acting off. he noticed that their normal closeness had started making her awkward or uncomfortable, even if she tried to play it off he could tell.

he knew her better than anyone, did she forget that?

then stupid nick and matt had to put their two cents in, mostly matt. nick made him feel like an asshole, while matt said some things chris didn't want to hear.

"dude... she's probably into you."

those were the words playing in his head on repeat.

what did matt know anyway? he doesn't know jules like he does. they're just extremely close best friend who's love language is physical touch! there's no harm in that.

at least that's what he kept telling himself.

———

———

juliets' pov

nick and you had eventually gotten bored of mario kart and made your way back out into the living room.

you both found chris on the couch watching the tv show from the night before.

"dude you're watching this alone?" nick teased.

"it's actually a pretty impressive show." chris replied, "come watch with me jules."

"ok fuck you too chris." nick said as he sat down on the other couch.

you nodded and sat down on the couch beside nick. chris made a face.

"no come over here." he whined, making grabby hands at you.

you rolled your eyes and giggled as he pulled you to sit next to him, "okay mr. needy."

"what's so wrong with wanting to be close to my best friend?" he questioned, his eyebrows raising.

"nothing." you smiled, laughing softly at his silly behavior. you made eye contact with nick and he shrugged his shoulders.

you sighed as you laid your head on his shoulder. if you couldn't have him, you could at least enjoy the moments where you felt like he could be yours. the moments where you thought he could be in love with you too.

———

a/n: short lil chapter with chris' pov hehe ❤︎