ღ︎16

★︎ 𝘐 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘏𝘌 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞𝘚 ★︎

you pulled into the triplets driveway carefully.

chris got out of the car and walked over to your side, opening the door.

"you gonna come hangout?" chris asked.

"sure." you smiled, turning the car off and getting out.

he stepped out of the way as you got out of the car, walked ahead of you to open the door.

you walked in to nick and matt arguing about god knows what.

once they noticed you both were there they stopped and greeted you.

"hey you two." nick said.

"i see canes was buss as usual." matt spoke.

"not that we got an invite..." nick jokingly pouted.

"not to mention no food to go." matt added.

"cry about it." chris teased, playfully shoving matt.

"well anyway, now that jules is here i'm stealing her!" nick stated.

"hey now, i'm the one who got her here in the first place." chris argued.

"i have to talk to you about something anyway chris, you can hangout with jules after." matt said, rolling his eyes.

"fine." chris said, following matt into his room.

"that was weird." you said, watching as chris walked off.

———

chris' pov

"what do you want." chris asked his brother as he sat on the bed dramatically.

"i need you to be honest with me, but more importantly, yourself." matt said, taking a seat next to him.

"what does that even mean, dude." he replied.

"don't play dumb, please. i'm talking about jules."

"what about her?"

matt sighed.

"i'm just gonna be real with you, anyone with eyes can see that jules is into you as more than a friend."

"you're kidding me dude, there's no way."

"it's painfully obvious, and from our point of view, you've been leading her on for years."

"'our' point of view?"

"nick and i."

"well first of all, to be leading her on, we'd have to actually be a thing."

"you're not understanding, you either need to take a step back, or tell her you're not into her."

chris went quiet.

"unless you are into her."

chris was still silent, what the fuck was he supposed to say to that? that he was in love with his best friend?

he rubbed his head in his hands.

"i don't know what you want me to say."

"how about something? anything? i'm your brother, stop hiding shit."

"okay fine. i'm fucking in love with jules. is that what you want to hear? the truth, huh?" chris said, abruptly standing up.

"fucking finally. now do something about it, or stop fucking with her head." matt replied.

"fuck you, matt."

he had never admitted that to anyone, barely even himself. he never wanted to admit it, he was too afraid.

chris had never had a real relationship. nothing had ever worked out, they'd always been jealous of jules and thought chris needed to stop being friends with her for them to date.

he'd never told anyone the real reasons his past relationships ended, he thought it was all stupid.

but after all these years, he'd come to realize the other girls were always right.

chris was really in love with jules, even if he had never done anything about it.