ღ︎12

★︎ 𝘐 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘏𝘌 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞𝘚 ★︎

you watched intently as chris left the room, confused on why he was being so weird.

he'd barely said a word to anyone the second you got there. did you do something wrong?

you couldn't help but feel like he may be onto you about your crush. does he know? is that why he's avoiding you?

you felt noah try and pull you closer but your body wouldn't let you relax into him. you made eye contact with matt for a split second, and he got up and walked to chris' room.

you assumed he was just going to check on him. they were always there for each other so it was no surprise to you.

all you could think about was that you didn't want to hurt noah by leading him on like this, so you were going to have to stop seeing him.

even if it's nice to have a distraction, you're still always thinking about chris when you're with him.

———

once the movie finished, chris came out to say goodbye to everyone.

you still had to drive noah home, so you quickly said goodbye, you were going to have to be honest with noah. it was now or never.

you got in the car and began driving off, "i had a good time tonight." noah said.

"yeah.. it was fun, but noah i have to be honest with you." you replied, "i don't think this is going to work out."

"why not?"

"i... i just need to focus on my job, that's all."

"you don't have to lie, juliet, i could see the way you looked at chris." he said, "which is fine, but you're a really cool person and if he can't see that, he's not worth it either."

"thank you. i'm sorry i didn't mean to lead you on or anything, i just needed a distraction because abby said it would help."

"i know i was meant to be a distraction, abby told me that from the beginning." he said laughing at little, helping you feel a little more at ease in the moment.

you thanked him once again as you pulled into his driveway.

"have a good night, juliet." he said, "if you want to hangout again, i'm only a text away."

———

you arrived back to your apartment, feeling relieved. noah knew he was a distraction the whole time? that made you feel a lot better about hanging out with him and being so focused on chris.

you sighed as you began getting ready for bed.

you flopped down onto your bed, checking your phone.

chrissy🤓

chrissy🤓
hey

you😵‍💫
hey?

chrissy🤓
sorry abt earlier
i was just tired

you😵‍💫
hmm that smells like a lie

chrissy🤓
i'm not lying
promise
you😵‍💫
i call bs

chrissy🤓
fine
i didn't really like that noah kid
do you actually like him

you😵‍💫
why not?
and i mean i don't like like
him but he's fun to hangout w

chrissy🤓
idk he just seems like the
type of guy who'd break your
heart and not gaf

you😵‍💫
well who do you
recommend instead

chrissy🤓
j hangout w meeee

you😵‍💫
plus i just told noah i didn't
think it was going to work out
i just wanted a distraction

chrissy🤓
a distraction from what

you😵‍💫
doesn't matter
i'm probs not gonna see
him again anyway

chrissy🤓
okay good
let's get lunch tmrw
pick me up at 11🥹

you😵‍💫
get ur license mf
but yes ofc

a/n: hey y'all my bad for only updating once yesterday, i'll make up for it tho!