Chapter One

Naboo

Guard: Your Highness, terrible news has come to us ...

King: What is it?

Guard: Your sister, Princess Lexia, and her husband, Prince Trace, have been killed on their way back to Naboo. However, we managed to find the ship. Their daughter has survived. She was found unconscious on the floor of the ship.

King: ... Bring her back to Naboo at all costs, I will take care of her.

Guard: Yes, my King.

Once the guard walked out, the King fell to his knees, crying about the death of his baby sister whom he loved so much. His daughter Padme came out of her hiding place and sat next to her father on the floor.

Padme: Is Aeris okay?

King: Yes, yes, she is ...

Padme: Then there will always be a part of them in this world.

He took his daughter's face between his hands and locked eyes with her.

King: You'll be a wonderful ruler one day Padme.

Padme: Just like you are Father.

He just smiled at his daughter and hugged her.

A week went by and the guards finally came back with the King's niece, Aeris. For the following months, the King started to feel something. It felt like an invisible string that connected Aeris with everything around her. By being a part of the Senate, he had the opportunity to work alongside the Jedis. He has seen them interact with the force, and even if he wasn't force-sensitive, he could guess the strong connection between Aeris and the force. He had no doubt that one day or another, the Jedis will come for this little brunette.

As time goes by, Padme grew fond of her baby cousin. She was often seen playing with Aeris or taking care of her whenever she could. She would bring her wherever she went, no matter what.

At the same time, as Aeris grew, so did her connection with the force. It wasn't a surprise to Naboo's royal family when she started lifting objects by flicking her wrist. She was even able to hide her connection with the force. That's the reason why nobody came for her in 3 years. But what was supposed to happen, happened.

When she was 3, Yoda himself came to Naboo to see the girl. He briefly felt her strong connection with the force, all the way to Coruscant. Her connection was almost as strong as his, and he knew that she needed to be trained.

He was met by the King the moment his feet were on the tarmac.

King: Master Yoda.

Yoda: Your Highness, why I am here, you know.

King: Indeed. Please follow me.

Yoda followed him to the playroom. When they opened the door, Padme was following a toy that was levitated by Aeris thanks to the force. They were both laughing out loud.

King: Padme, Aeris.

They both turned to him. Aeris lead the toy in Padme's hands and stood up to stand beside her. Padme looked at her father and the small green man next to him. She felt the same power as Aeris coming from him. She felt the same power as Aeris coming from him. That's when it clicked for her. He was a Jedi. And he was here to take Aeris with him.

Padme: No !

King: Padme ...

Padme: No ! They can't take her! She's only three years old, it's not fair !

Yoda: Trained, she must be, if hurting no one she wants.

Yoda turned his head to look at the smaller girl. He knew she understood what he said, he could feel it through the force. At such a young age, she already had a great understanding of the world.

Aeris: I'll go with him.

Padme: Aeris...

Aeris: It's okay, Padme will always be here with me.

She touched her chest, where her heart was and Padme couldn't stand it anymore. She hugged her cousin who became her little sister through the years. She knew as well as Aeris that the girl needed to go, but she loved her so much that it hurt to see her go.

Padme: Take care of yourself, little sis.

Aeris: I will. Don't worry, we'll see each other again.

Padme: I trust you little star.

They broke their hug and Aeris went to Yoda and her uncle. The latest hugged her tight, telling her to be careful, to learn but above all, to stay free. She knew exactly what he meant by that. They had a conversation a while ago about Jedis. He told her everything he knew about the Jedis from the bright side to the dark side and the Jedis who could travel from one side to the other.

They slowly fell apart and she followed Yoda to the spaceship once she got some of her belongings. She gave a last goodbye to her family before sitting down on the ship. The journey to Coruscant wasn't that long but it still felt like ages for the young girl. Soon enough they arrived and Yoda took her to the Jedi temple.

When Aeris stepped foot in the temple for the first time, she felt a gust of air run through her. She could feel everything that was happening in the temple. From the younglings that were training to the masters in the council room. She could feel every being connected to the force.

She entered the council room and the first person she saw was also the first one she felt when she entered the temple. He was a tall tanned man who was wearing a beige tunic. He turned around and locked eyes with the girl for a few seconds but it was enough for him to feel the girl's connection with the force.

Yoda: Master Windu.

Windu: Master Yoda, who is the girl ?

Yoda: New youngling, she is. But great bound with the force, she has.

Windu: Indeed, I can feel it. In which can will she be ?

Yoda: Bear clan, it is.

Windu: she'll do well there.