Chapter Five

They left first thing in the morning to Coruscant. Shmi talked with her son and Padme while Obi-Wan and Aeris were meditating, sitting on the floor. Qui-Gon was piloting the ship, sending all of them into hyperspace.

Once they arrived on Coruscant, Master Yoda and Master Windu were waiting for them. Seeing that, Aeris was the first one out of the ship and bowed to them.

Yoda: Rise, you may dear child. Proud of you we are. But discuss some matters we must.

Windu: Indeed, we have to take the boy in front of the council but then we'll come to you. You may go rest in your quarters.

Aeris: Thank you, Masters.

She bowed once again to them and turned around to do the same to Padme, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon. She gave a smile to Anakin and Shmi before leaving to go to the inner garden.

Windu: I give her five minutes before she starts training again.

Yoda: Three minutes, I give her. Meditate, already she has on the ship with Obi-Wan. Sensed her, I have.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were smiling while listening to their conversation. They all attended the council meeting. After hours of debate, it was decided that the boy was to be trained and therefore, to be a Padawan. Obi-Wan was to be his Master but both of them will still be under the supervision of Qui-Gon.

Once the meeting was finished, Mace Windu and Yoda headed toward where they knew Aeris was. Once they entered, they saw her practicing her fighting skills. She was dodging blasters and countering them with her eyes closed. She defeated the last one before opening her eyes again and facing the two Masters.

Aeris: Masters.

Windu: Aeris, please come and sit down.

Yoda: Talk to you, we must. Trouble with your dreams, you have.

Aeris: What do you mean ?

Windu: Yoda sensed strong emotions each time you are sleeping. Dark emotions.

Aeris: Really ? I don't remember any of this.

Yoda: Balanced, always you have been. Visiting both sides, always you have. But more than ever, careful you must be. Because growing up you are and stronger the emotions will be.

Aeris: I promise I will be more careful. Is that all Masters ?

Yoda and Windu looked at each other. The council had taken a decision concerning Aeris and they fought for it really hard. But they weren't sure as to how to tell her.

Windu: Well, let's say the following years are going to be intense.