Chapter Three

Tatooine wasn't a welcoming planet. It was hot and arid, there wasn't more than one percent of water and most of the population were slaves and slave traders. But that's not what caught Aeris' attention, it was something... no, someone else. The force was telling her to find HIM. But him who ? Whom was she supposed to find ? While the others were watching their surroundings, Aeris started to walk and follow the force. Soon she broke out running. Obi-Wan was the first to notice it and followed her.

Obi-Wan: Aeris wait ! Where are you going ?

She didn't even acknowledge him and kept running. She could feel Padme, Obi-Wan, and Master Qui-Gon following her but she still kept running, turning left and right, following the path chosen by the force until she arrived in front of a shop. When the others cached up with her, Master Qui-Gon was the only one who understood what took upon her because he sensed it too. There was someone strong with the force within those walls.

Qui-Gon: Let's go inside.

As she entered, Aeris immediately locked eyes with the ocean-like eyes of a young boy sitting on the counter. It was him. The Chosen One. She didn't know what it meant or how she knew it, she just had the feeling that it was the force who brought her to him.

She was at a lack of words, she felt highly connected to the boy, as if the force wanted her to be by his side at every turn. But no matter how much she tried, she couldn't understand what it meant yet. Still, she decided to give in to the force's will and took a step closer to the boy.

Anakin: Are you an angel ?

Aeris: I don't think so, but I do think that you are meant to do something great.

Qui-Gon: Aeris, my child, care to explain ?

Aeris: I can't really explain it, it's like the force is telling me he's the Chosen One, whatever that means.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were at a loss for words after her comment. They knew not to question Aeris' sayings as, in the last three years, the force had seemed to talk to her and helped her do and feel things. Besides, they knew that Aeris had been kept out of all conversations about the prophecy because of her young age. She was to learn it when she'd become a padawan. But they never thought that the force itself would lead her to the chosen one. Qui-Gon approached the boy quickly.

Qui-Gon: What's your name boy ?

Anakin: Anakin, Anakin Skywalker.

Qui-Gon: Anakin, can you give me your hand ?

Anakin: Sure ...

Qui-Gon took Anakin's hand in his and was instantly pulled towards him by the force. He hadn't seen such a strong connection since Aeris was brought to the temple 3 years ago. He had to take the boy with them because he knew that Aeris was right. The boy WAS the chosen one.

Qui-Gon: Where is your guardian ?

Anakin: My guardian ?

Obi-Wan: Your parents' boy, where are they?

Anakin: My mother and I are slaves. She is on duty, probably in the center kitchen.

Obi-Wan: Where is it ?

Aeris: it's 2 miles away from here.

They all turned to the girl who stood next to Padme, never looking away from the boy. When Anakin and Aeris locked eyes again, they both felt it. It was a strong bond, something that was saying them to be closer to each other, to discover what lies behind that link, to explore the force TOGETHER, hand in hand.