Chapter Twelve

It took her a month to finally fix the engine. It was supposed to last way less but she faced a week of heavy rain which prevented her from going out of the ship. In the meantime, she kept practicing and trying to fix the communication system.

She was outside the ship, working on it when she felt it. It was like someone was pushing her to go forward, to follow the dirt path in front of her. She took the lightsaber given by Mace Wind as well as Yaddle's notebook before following the path. She walked for an hour, maybe two before coming across a wide field with a single stone at the center of it. Even more curious than before, she crossed the field to stand in front of the stone. And she wasn't prepared for what she read on it.

 And she wasn't prepared for what she read on it

(Here, the force gave us life. We were granted part of a power that is beyond us. But one day, we will master both sides.)

Aeris was startled by this. The people that once lived here thought about mastering both sides of the force. But that was supposed to be impossible. At least that's what she, as a youngling, was taught.

When the sun started to disappear, Aeris went back to the ship. She prepared for bed and laid down on her covers but she wasn't able to fall asleep. The thought of being able to master both sides kept her awake. Was she like that ? Since she was a kid, she kept having those dreams. There was a grey silhouette that was telling her to join him. All she felt around him was balance. Everything felt light, connected. It was like she stood on a fine line with, on the right, a bright light and, on the left, a dark place.

If it was possible to do so, was the force telling her to do it ? Was she supposed to explore both sides? Aeris felt lost. All of this was still a bit overwhelming for the seven years old girl.