Chapter Thirteen

After two months on the still-unknown planet, Aeris finally managed to fix the communication system. As soon as the device lit up, she tried to contact the council back in Coruscant. The hologram was flickering and she couldn't understand very well what was being said but she immediately recognized Master Windu and Master Yoda. A small smile grew on her lips as she kept pushing and turning buttons on the device.

Aeris: Come on, come on !

She gave a last push and the image become clear.

Aeris: YES !

Her yelling made the council masters turn around and come face to face with the image of the small girl. Her face was covered in grease from the ship and her once light brown hair was as dark as a night sky. She seemed exhausted but a smile was still covering her face.

Windu: Aeris ? We thought you were dead ! What happened ?

Aeris: I'm sorry for the trouble Master, but when I made my exit, I was followed by some of our enemies. They hit the ship when I was entering the coordinates for hyperspace so I ended up on a foreign planet. It took me a while to manage to repair the ship and the communication system but it's all good now.

Yoda: Your position, can you send us ? Coming to fetch you, we are.

Aeris: Of course Master, right away.

Aeris sent her position to the council. She spent another day on the planet before she heard a ship land a few feet away from her position. She took her lightsaber and climbed a tree, hiding her presence in the force. She waited for them to come closer before using the force to take all their weapons. She sneaked behind them and knocked out two of the four that were there and hid again. Before she could try and take the two others, she was stopped by a voice.

Windu: Aeris, it's Mace Windu. Come out, it's safe.

When she came out of hiding, she saw that, indeed, the four men that came in were Master Windu and Master Plo-Koon as well as the two Jedi knights that she knocked out. She quickly made her way toward them and apologized for her actions.

Plo-Koon: You don't have to apologize young one. You did what you needed to stay safe.

Mace Windu took a step closer to the little girl and patted her head.

Windu: You did a good job, now let's go home.

Aeris: Yes Master.

They took the two knocked-out Jedies to the ship that Aeris had stolen. Master Plo-Koon flew it to Coruscant while Master Windu and Aeris boarded the other ship where a small droid was waiting for them.

Windu: We're going B-3.

The droid made a small noise before crossing the room to start the ship. Once they went into hyperspace, Aeris finally let her guard down and fell asleep on the ship, dreaming, once again, of this grey figure ...