Chapter Ten

Aeris and Mace Windu were running down the corridors, trying to escape a bunch of battle droids. Explosions could be heard all around the place, walls were collapsing one after the other and dust was flying in the air, making it difficult for the two of them to see what was in front of them. They came in front of a door with bright red letters carved onto it.

 They came in front of a door with bright red letters carved onto it

Windu: It's the ship deck, we might be able to steal one. Come on.

Windu opened the door and closed it just after Aeris entered, only to see it flying away and a lot of guards and battle droids coming into the deck. Aeris checked that she still had the notebook before taking out the lightsaber she was given and started fighting. She swung left and right, dodged fire, and blocked gunshots all the while making sure that she still had the notebook with her.

The fight seemed to last forever. Each time they took an enemy down, ten more would follow. Aeris was still fighting with all her might when Master Windu called for her.

Windu: Aeris !

Aeris: Yes Master ?

Windu: Take a ship and go !

Aeris: What ?

Windu: The notebook is important. We have to take it out of here.

Aeris: But what about you Master ?

Windu: I'll be fine ! Don't worry about me just go !

Aeris: May the force be with you Master !

Windu: May the force be with you Aeris.

She defeated one last enemy before running for one of the small ships next to the exit. She checked the controls, the power, and the fuel quickly before turning on the ship and making her way out of the deck. She sensed some of the guards following her and Master Windu battling the others. She took off and was getting ready for a hyperspace jump when the ship took a hit. She still managed to escape but the hit messed up the coordinate as well as the communication system of the ship. When she got out of hyperspace, she managed to land safely on a planet nearby.