Chapter Seventeen

They were each taken to a station around a big table once they took a step on the ship the table formed an O and, in the middle stood a droid of about the same height as the older younglings.

The droid made them choose the different parts of their lightsabers thanks to the force. They started with the pommel cap, the hand grip, and the control module before moving on to the main hilt, the focusing lens, and the blade emitter. Once they all got their parts, they went back to the station.

Droid: Now, to form your lightsaber, you must use the force and assemble each part. You may begin.

Aeris took her main hilt, it was made of Phrik, a nearly indestructible metal. On her other hand, she took the energy core and placed them in order in front of her. She did so with all the parts and added the three kyber crystals last. She put her hands above the parts and closed her eyes. She linked herself to each part and started imagining her lightsaber, feeling the force emanating from the parts growing each second. When she opened her eyes, it stood before her, shining in the sunlight that came from the ship's window. She raised her head and before her stood the droid.

Droid: You have done well. You may try and ignite it.

Aeris nodded her head and did so. A pure white light came out of it, confusing the girl even more.

Droid: Don't worry, it's rare but it happens.

Aeris: What do you mean ?

Droid: for some Jedi with a strong connection to the force, the crystals need more time to understand you.

Aeris: Is that so ...

The young girl was starting to get annoyed at herself. She was said to have a great bond with the force but she only felt like drowning in it each second...

-------------------------------------------------------

All the younglings had now formed their lightsabers and were roaming around the ship. Aeris was sitting next to a window, looking outside when the ship started to shake, first slowly but then it became more violent.

Yoda: Beware everyone. Attacked, we are.

That's when it happened. Lots of space pirates, at least a hundred of them came close to the ship in smaller ones, blocking all exits. Some of them managed to board the ship and everyone took a fighting stance. Aeris was standing when a hand put her back behind. It was Blake, one of the older younglings with whom she sometimes trained.

Blake: Stay back Aeris.

Aeris: What ? Why ?

Blake: You're strong, you have a great future ahead don't waste it !

She was shoved back and fell on her butt. When she looked up again, they were all fighting. All of them, except her. She was starting to get annoyed at everyone telling her all that when she felt nothing but powerless. She had enough. She raised on her feet and run toward the fight. She ignited her lightsaber and started fighting. She had gotten rid of one of the intruders when she heard a scream. Blake. She turned her head to see one of the pirates ready to kill him. She saw red and run toward him. She aimed her lightsaber at the pirate and a bright light illuminated her. Her blade started turning purple slowly and when the pirate took the hit, the blade was entirely purple.

By the time it happened, all the pirates had been defeated and everyone saw it. Aeris stood there, wide eyes, looking at her saber.

Yoda: Buckle up, you must. Arrive soon, we will.