Chapter Fifteen

Aeris and Anakin were together, meditating in one of the temple's gardens when Windu approached them.

Windu: Aeris, may I speak with you ?

Aeris: Of course, Master. I'll see you later Ani.

With a small wave, the girl stood up and walked toward the Master. She followed him until they came across another empty garden. They both sat on the ground before Windu started speaking.

Windu: I have great news for you Aeris.

Aeris: What is it, Master ?

Windu: The council decided that, regarding the recent events, you'll be part of the gathering that will happen next week.

Aeris: I'm going to be a Padawan ? Ain't I supposed to be at least 9 ?

Windu: You're different. You've shown us that you are ready to take it to the next level. The council believes in you.

Aeris: Thank you, Master. May I ask you something ?

Windu: Do tell.

Aeris: Whose Padawan am I going to be ?

Windu: Mine.

Aeris: Yours ? But I thought you didn't want to have a Padawan.

Windu: Council decision.

Aeris looked at him. Despite what he said, he had a small smile on his lips and looked her in the eyes. Aeris smirked a bit at this.

Aeris: Of course Master ...

They looked at each other and started laughing. Life won't be easy, they'll have to fight to protect each other, but they'll manage. After all, they still had a bit of time left to prepare for what was to come next.

For the following week, Aeris kept herself busy by training and meditating for the gathering. She didn't know what she would have to do but she was excited about it. It was the next step of her Jedi life. Soon enough, she'll be training in the real world and she'll be able to face trials she couldn't even dream of. She was meditating in her chambers when she heard a knock on her door. Already knowing who it was, she didn't hesitate upon letting him in. Once the boy sat down in front of her, she opened her eyes and smiled at him.

Aeris: Hi Ani.

Anakin: Hi Aeris. How are you, Angel ?

She let a small giggle escape her lips before answering him.

Aeris: I'm good thanks. What brings you here Ani ? Is there something I can help you with ?

Anakin: No it's okay. I just wanted to spend some time with you. Am I not allowed to do so ?

Aeris: Of course, you are. Plus, I could need the company right now.

Anakin: Are you nervous ?

Aeris: No ? Maybe ? I don't know. It's just ...

Anakin: A bit scary ?

Aeris: Yes ...

Anakin: Don't worry Angel. You'll do wonderful as always.

Aeris: But that's the thing. What if I don't ? I'll be way younger than all the other younglings who will take part in the gathering by at least two years.

She lowered her head at some point to try and hide the insecurities visible in her eyes. Anakin let her say all that she needed to before cupping her cheeks gently and looking at her, straight into her eyes. He gave her a smile before hugging her.

Anakin: It's going to be okay Aeris. The fact that you worry about doing well proves that you will do so. You're going to be an amazing Padawan and later, an amazing Jedi.

He got out of the hug and gently kissed her forehead. Once she gave him a small smile in return, he took out something from his pocket and gave it to her.

Aeris: What is it ?

Anakin: A good luck charm. Open it.

She slowly teared up the paper. Inside was a necklace with some kind of gem or rock.

Anakin: It's a snippet necklace. I made it in Tatooine after I met you. I didn't get the chance to give it before so I'm doing it now.

Aeris: Ani, it's beautiful !

Anakin: I'm glad you like it.

Aeris smiled once more before hugging Anakin again. She was thankful to have him in her life. Her childhood at the temple was quite lonely until she met him. She used to be on top of the class and always studying in one way or another. She never took the time to make friends. The fact that she was allowed to train with some Padawan as well as the training she underwent for a year didn't help. She was often alone. But now, with Anakin here, she was often seen talking or training with him. The two had developed a strong relationship and their trust for the other was unconditional.

They spent the rest of the day together. Talking, playing, and training. Master Qui-Gon and Master Windu were both aware of the growing connection between the two of them but they decided to let it go. They knew the risks of letting them together, but they also knew that they couldn't do a thing about it. After all, Aeris and Anakin were linked by the force itself. Their existence was intertwined rather the council liked it or not. So they ignore the feelings that were starting to bloom between them and prayed the fate that everything will go well for the two of them in the future.