9.

Jeongin swung the door open with his head facing the ground. He could see the fluffy socks on his friend's feet and the shorts that the man was wearing, but that was it. He only slightly looked up through his eyelashes to see how worriedly Seungmin was looking at him.

He could see a look of pain on the man's face, and it made his heart pang in his chest. Seungmin very obviously had no clue what he had done, and looking at him made Jeongin feel like he wanted to just explode. It was so unfair to Seungmin to act like nothing happened, but Jeongin decided in that moment he would take everything he had done with him to the grave.

Maybe it was selfish, but he didn't want to ruin what he loved so much: having someone to worry about him and someone to love him so much that they couldn't be apart for more than two days. Seungmin was his best friend, and he hated lying to him, but he wouldn't let something he loved so much be ripped away from him by his stupid actions.

"It's nothing, Hyung. I'm fine" Jeongin immediately felt sick and just pushed past Seungmin, who was standing there with a defeated face. Jeongin hadn't called him "hyung" for a long time, and suddenly hearing it made Seungmin's mind race.

Jeongin hadn't been serious with Seungmin that way for years; it was always one of the cute names he gave the older, or just Seungmin. It made Seungmin want to cry hearing the boy call him that, and maybe he was being dramatic, but he didn't care.

He knew he shouldn't have done that; he knows Jeongin, and he knows he's sensitive; how could he be so stupid? But it was confusing for Seungmin; he didn't know what to think of Jeongins reaction. The boy seemed to like what Seungmin had done, and if Seungmin was being honest with himself, he expected to be pushed away.

A lot had happened in the last few days, and everything seemed to be falling apart between them. Seungmin wasn't sure if it was best for him to just leave Jeongin alone or if he had already done too much and should just tell Jeongin how he felt.

Something he was sure about was that Jeongin knew he was at least sexually attracted to him, or maybe not. The boy had always been a little lost when it came to feelings, especially feelings of attraction. He didn't want to risk messing things up more than they already were, but if he didn't confess to the boy, things might get worse anyway.

It was giving him a headache to think about everything, so he would just do what felt right when it was time. What could go wrong when he was listening to his gut?

He walked from the back of the hallway into the living room, but he didn't see Jeongin at all, so he figured the boy would be in the kitchen, probably hungry since it had been a good few hours since he last ate.

When he walked over to the kitchen, the fruit and sweet buns that he had made for the boy were already gone, and Jeongin was sitting on one of the four pale blue bar stools that sat at his small kitchen island.

Seungmin hated himself for the fact that the first thing he noticed was how Jeongin was sitting in a position that made the little black shorts he was wearing ride up his legs, and his back was arched in a way that made his ass stick out and Seungmin's stomach flutter. He felt gross, but how could he not look?

Jeongin's head was down, and when Seungmin looked closer, he could tell the boy was breathing heavily. His heart immediately dropped, and he rushed over to the boy. Seungmin didn't want to scare Jeongin away, and he knew Jeongin hated crying in front of people, but Seungmin felt like he was definitely the reason the boy was crying.

Seungmin walked over to the side of where Jeongin was sitting and hesitated before bringing his hand to where he could tell the boy's cheek was resting between his arms. It was obvious he was crying, and now that Seungmin was closer to him, he could hear the muffled sobs Jeongin was letting out.

He grabbed the boy's face in his hand and lifted it from where it was buried to see tears streaming from Jeongin's eyes and his pink-colored nose. At first, Jeongin flinched, but he didn't back away once the surprise of being touched was gone.

Jeongin let himself relax and completely let go in the older man's hand. He didn't have the energy to hide his emotions or push Seungmin away; he just wanted to be held, and that's what he was getting.

"C'mere baby.. Let's just go cuddle for a little bit, yeah?" Seungmin wasn't looking for a verbal response from the boy; he just needed some form of okay to take Jeongin somewhere more comfortable for them.

When Jeongin nodded his head, Seungmin turned the crying boy's body towards himself and grabbed the boy's thighs to wrap around his torso. When he had a strong hold and was sure he wouldn't drop the other, he lifted him off the seat and took Jeongin to his room to lay down together.

He didn't know how Jeongin wanted to be comforted, but he figured since the boy was going along with what Seungmin was doing, he wasn't doing a bad job at it. He laid himself down first with Jeongin still wrapped around his body, and when he was comfortable, he brought the blanket up to cover them both up.

Jeongin hadn't moved his body at all apart from burying his head in the crook of Seungmin's neck, and Seungmin wasn't going to make him move. He only brought one of his hands up to run his fingers through Jeongin's hair, and the other held the boy's waist against his own. He would stay that way as long as it took for Jeongin to stop crying, even if it meant he could hear the sound of hiccups in his ear. He didn't care.

ʚɞ

I am SO SO sorry to the people who have been waiting for me to update I promise I didn't forget or decide to stop writing this it's just I don't have a lot of time anymore but I'm really really going to try and get my shit together I know this chapter might not be very good but I wanted to put something out THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading this and the people who are voting I literally love you sm