01

CHAPTER ONE
you left, remember?

———

11:34 AM.

I smiled at my client, "Thank you, Prosecutor L/N." Taehyung, my current client sent his appreciation after the success of the failed defense from his ex-husband which gave him the upper hand after being proven guilty on the court for the false accusations against him.

I shaked my head, "No need for the thank you, Executive Kim." Taehyung softly laughed. He took out his hat on his head, placing it on his chest as he bowed infront of me. It was an old fashioned way to greet or respect someone.

Taehyung took his hat on his head again, wearing it. My eyes sparkled at his polite and respectful behavior, he waved his hands and approached his other friends. He was going back home, while i stood still outside of my office.

I turned my body, twisting the doorknob to open the door. I walked inside, closing the door behind me.

I sighed, holding into my collar. I fixed my tie, stretching my head on each side. "What a long day." I spoke, exhausted after handling another case after a recent case i just finished. I walked back to my desk, sitting down on my chair.

I grabbed the papers on the desk, staring at the new case that was given to me. I scoffed, feeling tired of handling too much cases already as a well-known lawyer for the government. I shaked my head, covering my head with the papers. I closed my eyes, taking a small rest.

The door opened widely, slamming the door from the side along a shout coming from a masculine voice with a rough tone. "Prosecutor Y/N!" They called me by my first name, i moved the papers on my face slightly to witness the face of the sudden visit of a familiar intruder.

It wasn't one, but two. The opened door revealed two female figures, it was Jennie Kim and Roseanne Park. Although, Roseanne Park is more famous for her other name Park Chaeyoung.

I covered my ear, groaning because Rosé continued to sing afterwards. Jennie followed her, clapping her hands. Their eyes turned to me, smiling brightly. "I heard you were going to handle another case!" They both shouted, making me sigh out of frustration.

I sat down properly, staring into them while fixing the papers back to their proper position on the side of the desk. "The Chief Prosecutor still hasn't told me the details, yet." I told them, "Once the details have been given to me and the client is introduced, i will take the opportunity to arrange things in advance." I explained.

Jennie and Rosé nodded their heads, listening to my words. They were new Prosecutors i was handling, the Chief Prosecutor placed them on my hands as i had the rank and title of a Top Prosecutor in the government court.

Jennie approached me, poking the side of my cheek while Rosé grabbed one of the chips from the side. "Hey..! Don't make a mess again." I groaned, annoyed by their actions. Jennie and Rosé looked at eachother, giggling while i was feeling annoyed. I was exhausted and they were messing up things.

I was like a mother handling children on my hands and i need to monitor or supervise them as their guardian because they might be the cause of a potential mess in the future.

I closed my eyes, reminding myself on my inner mind to contain more patience within my presence and collect myself to relieve myself from every stress i would encounter. But, the question is.. how?