02

CHAPTER TWO

———

"Y/N?"

I shaked my head, clearing my throat. I stood up from my seat, forcing a smile to appear. "Oh! It seems like both of you two know eachother." The Chief Prosecutor spoke, surprised.

Sana, the girl standing infront of me was about to speak but i cutted her words off. "Oh, ye..!" I instantly interrupted her, "No, sir." I spoke. She turned her head, widening her eyes.

The Chief Prosecutor nodded his head, "I see, it seems i have mistook both of you as close friends." He laughed. I chuckled, "We're just acquaintaces before, but we lost contact. I haven't been updated about her, until today." I told him, sarcastically.

I placed my hands inside my pockets, still forcing a smile. Sana felt awkward, trying her best to force a smile after appearing infront of my sight.

It had been so long.

"So, Y/N!" The Chief Prosecutor clapped his hands, turning his head back to me after calling my name. "This is your new client, Minatozaki Sana from the K-pop Girl Group TWICE!" He introduced, Sana smiled shyly and bowed.

I looked at her, seeing the differences of her appearance from before and today. "Greetings." I smiled, "I'll be looking forward in working with you, Ms. Minatozaki." I formally addressed her through her last name. Sana nodded her head.

She took a seat infront of me and i sat down as well while the Chief Prosecutor was standing behind the client, the Chief Prosecutor moved a little bit closer to me and patted my shoulders with a formed gentle smile on his lips.

"I'll leave this client on your hands, make me proud." He stated, taking his leave. I was about to speak, but he already closed the door which left me and Sana all alone inside one office.

This is awkward.

Fuck.

Lord, please take me away.

I closed my eyes, holding into my hands tightly underneath the desk. Sana cleared her throat, taking away the silence that filled inside the office for a few small minutes.

"It has been a while, it's nice seeing you." Sana extended her hand.

I moved my eyes on her hands, taking it slowly to give her a small handshake. I removed my hands quickly, trying to be professional.

"It's nice seeing you as well.."

And i hope i don't see you again after this.

Those words are what i wanted to finish, "So.." Sana fidgeted her fingers while looking down at the floor. The tone of her voice were obvious, she was nervous.

"You heard about my situation, right?" I nodded my head, preparing the papers infront of me. "Yes, i did. The Chief Prosecutor already explained the details before you arrived." She hummed, "I see.."

She lifted her head, looking at my direction. "You're a Prosecutor now." She said, "I thought you wanted to become a Doctor?" I stopped myself from doing things that i was currently doing after hearing those words.