08

CHAPTER EIGHT

———

"It's a surprise, we're winning this case." The Chief Prosecutor stated, sitting infront of me. I laughed proudly, "I haven't done anything, yet here we are." I chuckled. Chief Prosecutor Park raised his glass and so did i, hearing the clacking sounds appear once the glasses touched with eachother.

"Glory to the Government's Prosecutors!" The Chief Prosecutor cheered, laughing loudly. I smiled, "Any update from the company?" I questioned him. Chief Prosecutor Park shrugged, "Not really, but i heard they wanted to plan a small party for Ms. Minatozaki in secret." Chief Prosecutor Park explained.

"Do you want to join them?" Chief Prosecutor Park sipped on his wine, i shaked my head with a nervous laugh leaving my mouth. "No? I don't want to." The Chief Prosecutor raised an eyebrow, "Why? You should, Y/N. This is a great opportunity for you to connect with a big company." He offered.

I smiled, nodding my head. "Yes, i know. But, i prefer living to fulfill my duties as a Prosecutor without connections to build myself together." The Chief Prosecutor snickered, "Well, your loss." He laughed. "Kidding, but you're the reason of their achievement." The Chief Prosecutor gave the honor to me, i shaked my head.

"No, sir. It was all because of you." I turned the compliments back to him, praising him. "What i only did was to introduce you, Prosecutor L/N." He shrugged off, feeling flattered by my words. He placed his glass of wine down, "But, you should take the time to learn more about your client." The Chief Prosecutor winked.

Is he setting me up with her?

No, it can't be.

He's a strict man.

I smiled, taking his offer as a joke. "I see, sir." He leaned back on the chair, crossing his legs. "I'm serious, Y/N." He laughed, i stared at him without being able to process his words on my mind.

What?

I widened my eyes, "..Sir? You're serious?" He nodded his head, opening his arms to gesture that his words were serious and real.

Holy shit.

He's fucking serious?

I stared at him, thinking if he was going to say he was joking in the following words he had to say. I raised an eyebrow, still trying to take it as a joke. He leaned closer, patting my shoulder. "I'm serious, really." He clarified, confirming my thoughts about him joking turn false.

Fuck.

I'm dead.

I'm going to be taken by the Lord.

Fuck this.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck!

I formed a forced smile on my lips, nodding my head as his words. "When should i meet up with her?" I asked, satisfying the Chief Prosecutor with my short answer.