𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

We finally rolled up to our new spot in Jersey

We finally rolled up to our new spot in Jersey. The car eased into the big garage like it was meant to be. I glanced back and caught Sage knocked out, snoozing like nobody's business. After shutting the garage door, I tiptoed over to Katara's side, ready to lift her out without waking her.

Unbuckling Katara, I saw Sage blinking awake. With Katara in my arms, I snagged my purse and her diaper bag from the passenger seat-feeling that mix of excitement and responsibility that comes with new beginnings.

I tossed the keys to Sage, telling her to show the way into our new digs. I felt this wave of relief hitting me as we started setting up our little corner of the world. Katara squirmed a bit in her seat, clearly time for a feed.

Upstairs, I looked around for Sage, but she'd ducked out to her room for some rest. I kicked off my shoes, threw on a comfy shirt, and got Katara down to her onesie.

Chilling next to Katara while she fed, I plugged in my phone to make sure we'd wake up on time. Before I knew it, we were both out like lights, dreaming away.

Early morning, this beeping noise cut through the quiet. I reached out, half-asleep, to kill the alarm. "Good morning, sweet girl," I whispered to Katara, locking eyes with her bright, expectant ones.

After she ate again, it was clear-adventure time. Katara was chill, not like most babies, just vibing, and it wiped away any stress.

She made this cute "blergh" sound after I burped her, her little coos and faces cracking me up. I got us both dressed, ready to tackle whatever.

Heading down the hall, Sage's empty room felt weird, but I kept moving, Katara by my side, the hallway lights just bright enough to see.

Katara and I stepped out all fresh, ready to see what's up with the world. The streets had this new vibe, like everything had leveled up since I was here last. We hit TARGET, ready for some serious shopping.

Figuring I'd be hauling a bunch of stuff, I decided to keep Katara close in her carrier instead of lugging the car seat around. I got her all snug against me and locked up the car before diving into the store.

I snagged a cart, clipped my bag on, and made a beeline for the baby gear. Diapers, wipes, pacis-you name it, I grabbed it.

Then I was cruising through the store, picking up stuff for the house. I was reaching for my fave cereals when I realized they were way up there. Trying to tiptoe-grab them, this familiar dude comes through and snags the box for me. I spun around and-no way-it's my best friend.

I was so caught up in my own world, I didn't even hear him at first. But Katara's staring at him, and it snaps me back. I thank him for grabbing the cereal and try to move on, but he's all, "Why didn't you holler at me? I would've picked you up."

I flash him a quick smile, "Wanted to surprise you," I say. But he's already grabbing my cart, typical Maxon, thinking I can't handle it with Katara on me.

He's off in his own world, humming away, and I just let out a sigh and keep shopping. Got everything we need, and I head to self-checkout. Katara's getting fidgety, probably hungry again.

I hand Maxon my card, "Can you handle this? Gotta feed Katara." He nods and nudges me out.

Back at the car, I get Katara sorted for her feed, always keeping an eye out. Then Maxon's knocking on my window, "Pop the trunk." I hit the button and watch him neatly stash the groceries.

I can see he's changed since last year-stubble, more ink, a bit of a tan.

Katara's done eating, so I fix myself up, burp her, and she lets out this big "UGH." We both crack up laughing, and I see she's grinning at Maxon, who's still hanging by the window.

He shoots her a big smile and hands me my wallet, "Catch y'all later, and you better call me when you get home, stop playing."

I just nod, knowing how he is, and as I watch him walk away, I'm thinking about how everything's changed but some things stay the same.