𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

Dawn cracked over New York, and it was like the city was giving London a chill nod as she peeled her eyes open in her hotel room

Dawn cracked over New York, and it was like the city was giving London a chill nod as she peeled her eyes open in her hotel room. The low-key hum of the Big Apple was the perfect backdrop for her last morning there. She stretched, shaking off the sleep, amped about heading back to Jersey.

London sprang up, on a mission. She hit the bathroom to start the day strong. She cranked the shower, waiting for the water to get just right, all steamy and snug. She jumped in and let the heat sink in, super grateful for that sew-in she got before jetting off.

That 'do was a total lifesaver—mornings were a cinch now. Her hair was doing this killer wave thing, framing her face and tumbling over her shoulders like she'd stepped out of a hair commercial.

Post-shower, London treated her skincare like it was sacred. It wasn't about just smearing on some lotion; it was full-on skin worship. She was all about that trusty cleanser, and skipping the toner and serum, she slathered on moisturizer that had her skin feeling like butter. The shower's steam mixed with the cream, and she was in bliss, ready to crush the day.

In front of the mirror, she swiped on some mascara to make her eyes pop and some lip gloss for that extra shine. For London, makeup was about celebrating her features, not hiding them.

For her outfit, she snagged a cropped Harley tee that was pure rocker chic with a soft side. She paired it with some comfy, bleached cargo jeans for that ready-to-roam look.

She topped it all with a plush brown furry trench—this coat was the bomb, stylish and warm, making her pop in the crowd.

Her accessories were on fire, too. A leather cuff, brown earrings, and a gold chain that screamed streetwise glam. Those sheer dark red heels? Icing on the cake, bringing that extra flair and killer confidence.

Checking herself out, London was feeling herself—her style was loud and proud, just like her attitude, ready for anything.

In the buzzing mall, London was drawn to the jewelry store's sparkle, hunting for something cool to show Maxon she appreciated him. The glittery watches and chains caught her eye, and the jeweler, all smiles, helped her pick out the sickest pieces.

After some chit-chat, she chose some fly watches as a shout-out to their solid friendship and her big thanks. With her new loot, she blended back into the mall crowd, feeling on top of the world.

That good vibe took a hit, though, when she got that eerie feeling of eyes on her. Her heart kicked into overdrive, and she scanned the crowd until she spotted someone she'd rather not—Katara's dad. The guy had a knack for showing up unwanted, and it was giving her the creeps.

London's breath caught, she was on high alert. Then her phone buzzed; it was Maxon:

My Nigga👅😩
How you holding up?

His text was like a hug and a jump scare all at once. She tried to smile, feeling his support but also a shiver of fear.

Shaking off that sketchy encounter, London ducked into a kids' store. She got lost among the adorable baby stuff, picking things for Katara, trying to ditch the drama for a bit.

Arms full of shopping bags, her wallet feeling lighter, she decided it was time to head back. The thought of returning to an empty room was deflating, especially after a day that had sapped her energy and made her homesick.

She hailed a cab, her mind racing with thoughts of going home and the face-off that was brewing. Clutching her bags, the presents for Maxon felt like a silent vow that they had each other's backs.

With Maxon and Katara by her side, London knew she could handle the messy family stuff, kick the past to the curb, and dive into whatever was next.

...